LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taken for granted (housewife)     24 April 2014

Phone tapping

My husband has tapped my phone calls using spy software.Is this legal and can that be produced as evidence in Divorce case?

Learning

23 Replies

Kapil Gupta (Advocate)     25 April 2014

If the voice clip has the substance which your husband wants to prove and if there was no other way to prove that thing, tgen your husband did nothing wrong but if it has been done in a mischievous manner, it is a criminal offence to indulge in espionage. For anymore help, you can contact me on my e-mail id or my mobile. You can send me the private message too through this website. Thank you.

anu agarwal (housewife)     25 April 2014

I also want go know recordings can be use as evidence in divorce case or not ...pls help.me tooo

I also want go know recordings can be use as evidence in divorce case or not ...pls help.me tooo

Deepak Saini (MIS Executive)     25 April 2014

Yes bcos for husband, phone recording is the best way to prove wife and In-laws planing and cruelty. My friend use phone recording as evidence.

Yes bcos for husband, phone recording is the best way to prove wife and In-laws planing and cruelty. My friend use phone recording as evidence.

navdeep (ABM)     25 April 2014

Dear Mr. Saini plz tell more about phone recordings as evidence, as m fighting false 498 case and i have recordings that i have not done anything wrong, my wife and in laws have accepted so many times on phone and i have recorded it.

anu agarwal (housewife)     26 April 2014

Navdeep samethings happens with me my husband and his family accepting evrythng over phone that they done I'll behaviour with me but till now neither I havnt file any case on them nor taken any neccesary steps regarding this but still my husband shouting and asking for divorce and left me at my mom place from last 50days... Pls guide me

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

The questions contradict here.  One is asking that whether her husband's activitiy of tapping her phone is legal or not, the answer is phone tapping is illegal, and if she decides so, with ample proof she can very well produce it before the court in her ensuing case.

@Navdeep:The other person is asking that the phone calls received by him and recorded is illegal?, no it is not, this was a call received by you, you can record it and also use it as an evidence to prove your case against her.

@Anu Agarwal: Try for some amicable settlement, if the situation is not conducive, then opt for the legal separation by decree of divorce as a last resort.

3 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register