Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gopinath (design engg)     29 September 2009

Is there any priority to senior – citizen?

Hi sirs,

We have filled a property case 3 years back in Hosur, krishnagiri dist, tamil nadu. my dad has a health issues. Now he is 70 years old. Is there any thing that we can do to move over case? Has he is getting sick day by day.

Is there any priority to senior – citizen let me know.

Regards
Gopinath.

Learning

6 Replies

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     29 September 2009

Dear Mr. Gopinath,

You can file a simple petition before the High Court Madras seeking a direction to dispose off the case in a short time by conducting day to day trial and the High Court usually grants such directions in the case of senior citizens.

Thanks,

Ramakrishnan, ADV 

1 Like

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     29 September 2009

You can file an application before the High Court seeking a direction to dispose off the case in a short time mentioning their old age....

charudureja (advocate)     30 September 2009

senior citizens do not get priroty in jurisdictional matter because parties doesnt have the right to confer or taking away the jurisdiction from a court, it is purely a legislative matter. the remedy u have is to file an applcation mentioning the health of ur father and on this matter early disposal can be sought for.

2 Like

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     01 October 2009

yes courts have to honour the senior citixens and their cases have to be taken and given priority

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     01 October 2009

In Bombay High Court the senior citizens cases get preference. I know of one GR of Maharshtra Government which directs that cases pertaining to senior citizens should be heard on priority basis.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     02 October 2009

The opinion of chandureja is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register