LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anamika (teacher)     29 January 2014

Demanded maintenance of 25 lakhs

respected lawyers, my brother marriage on 11th july 2013,but fter some days we viisited psycologist and he said he is in deep depression very difficult to cure 

because of this my bhabhi wants divore and maintenance of 25 lakhs .Please help do we really need to pay such a big amount .please give advice as early as possible

Learning

17 Replies

fighting back (exec)     29 January 2014

@anamika....dont worry, your bhabhi may demand the moon and sun and the stars, but that doesnt mean that she will get that, you have said that she wants divorce, but has she filed for divorce?

is she staying with your brother at present?

what does your brother want? does he wants divorce too or does he want to live with her?

has she filed for maintainence case in court?

what is the present earning of your brother? what profession is he in?

have you taken the help of experts other than that one physologist you are speaking about?

what is the opinion of the expert?

why did your brother go into depression? is it because he was having problems with his wife, or is it something else that is harrassing him?

Dont worry anamika.....this is just another threat of legal extortion that we come across everyday in this forum. dont worry. first of all you need to hire a lawyer, without the knowledge of your bhabhi. secondly, you need to answer all the above questions in order to get detailed reply from experts here in this forum.

you need to read atleast 20 posts here in this forum to update your knowledge on this 'legal' extortion tool that is given by the legal system in this country to extort money from helpless husbands.

@anamika.....futher to my reply, is your bhabhi working somewhere? if yes, collect her income proof and bank statement, does she have any property? how qualified is she? remember that these things will be helping you in your brothers maintainence cases........all the best

ishita (Copywriter)     29 January 2014

It is a rather strange case. The husband gets diagnosed with depression and wife straight away goes and demand 25 lakhs. I mean there must have happened something in between. What is it that drove your brother into depression? The marriage is only 6 months old so I do not think that it is the reason behind him getting into severe depression. Is it that he was suffering from depression before his marriage and the wife discovered it recently that it is something that can not be cured and so decided to leave the husband? There is something amiss in this case which you are not coming out with. Anamika it would be better if you tell the entire story and come up with facts because only then the experts would be able to come up with some solution. If you really want correct advise, please tell the whole truth. And depression is cureable through medicines and therapies so I think you must consult a few more doctors before reaching any conclusion about your brother's health.  

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     29 January 2014

1.why your bhabhi wants the divorce and on which grounds ? 2. Your bhabhi is a house wife or a working lady ? 3. What your brother says about his depression , and what relief he wants ? Pl.specify 4 .according to section 14 of HMA your bhabhi can not file divorce within one year of marriage , in between try to find out the causes or differences in between them and solve them amicably with her .

Thanks for your positive replies 

My bhabhi is a housewife. The whole episode is that my brother is not successful person he tried many business but couldn't succeed we all family members always supported him unfortunately last year my father expired suddenly due to heart attack after that slowly slowly my brother stopped talking most of time he keeps quiet and he was 36  then so we thought that as at this age he is not married and not successful so we went to psycologist he said he is in depression once he got maaried and settled he will be ok  soon he got married but he didn't talk with wife and at same time we came to know he has some s*xual problem also we went to s*xologist he said because of depression only it is happening otherwise naturally he is ok still my bhabhi now blaming us that he can never be recovered and we did fraud with her . she took a copy of  doctors prescripttion and claiming that her doctor said my brother can not be recovered but our all doctors he needs happiness and support he will be ok .Actually we belong to very emotional family by name of divorce ,court case and then so huge maintenance we all are very tensed my bhabhi is not working she is not so literate and her family financial condition is not good during marriage we didn't take a sweet box from them everything was organised by us please help. Your advice can help my whole family . 

@anamika....dont worry and get tensed, you still have not responded to the futher questions that i have raised, in order for experts to advise you, please give complete details, how much property does ur brother have in his name? is your bhabi presently residing with you? why has she demanded 25 lakhs? is your property that much that she is demanding 25 lakhs? did she file any case against you? first and foremost. as i told you, keep a reliable lawyer ready and inform him of the situation in advance, without your bhabhi knowing this................please give more details to guide you help your brother out of the mess............

(Guest)

@Anamika

Nobody can help you here, because nobody knows a thing on how to guard a guy and his family from these woman friendly laws. Frankly there is no option in law for a guy other than suffering. All they do is debate on your brother's case and give you free Gyan which you wouldnt have asked for, that there shld be something wrong with your brother otherwise your bhabhi is gold,platinum,uranium etc...for more information ask @Ish*ta and check her message. For her it is rather a strange case, BUT if a guy pressed for a divorce, then she will give again free gyan sessions and again this time, something wrong with the man. period.

Whom are you asking suggestions? I challenge all the so called "advisers" to help you and your family in this critical condition. They wont/cant/dont because there is no such provision existing. Everyone knows, its a open secret. For a person in depression and that too for being a MAN, he has to suffer, suffer a lot.

LegalExpert (Lawyer)     29 January 2014

ms. anamika, your brother and your family need not to worry. If your bhabi is saying anything to claim, it doesnt mean the court will grant it as such. Court will see all the merits and demerits of such...  your brother needs emotional support, so you and your family provide him the same.

Thanks for your positive replies 

My bhabhi is a housewife. The whole episode is that my brother is not successful person he tried many business but couldn't succeed we all family members always supported him unfortunately last year my father expired suddenly due to heart attack after that slowly slowly my brother stopped talking most of time he keeps quiet and he was 36  then so we thought that as at this age he is not married and not successful so we went to psycologist he said he is in depression once he got maaried and settled he will be ok  soon he got married but he didn't talk with wife and at same time we came to know he has some s*xual problem also we went to s*xologist he said because of depression only it is happening otherwise naturally he is ok still my bhabhi now blaming us that he can never be recovered and we did fraud with her . she took a copy of  doctors prescripttion and claiming that her doctor said my brother can not be recovered but our all doctors he needs happiness and support he will be ok .Actually we belong to very emotional family by name of divorce ,court case and then so huge maintenance we all are very tensed my bhabhi is not working she is not so literate and her family financial condition is not good during marriage we didn't take a sweet box from them everything was organised by us .Hope mam now u can help me thanks 

@anamika....dont worry and get tensed, you still have not responded to the futher questions that i have raised, in order for experts to advise you, please give complete details, how much property does ur brother have in his name? is your bhabi presently residing with you? why has she demanded 25 lakhs? is your property that much that she is demanding 25 lakhs? did she file any case against you? first and foremost. as i told you, keep a reliable lawyer ready and inform him of the situation in advance, without your bhabhi knowing this................please give more details to guide you help your brother out of the mess............

sir ,

he has no property till now as after my father its of mother now? no before 3 months only she went. we tried a lot to convince her but she is not ready to listen . she is also 36 yrs now and blaming us for spoiling her life ? we have a bungalow built my father that would be of 80 lakhs but we r residing there other 2 lands we would be having but i don't think she know about it .also my younger brother is in US may be she is targetting him .we were also shocked how she could ask for 25 k.? till now she didn't file any case but verbally she is passing threatening and demands through my chacha ?  her family history is also not good they don't have a single relative .her father mother also stay apart from last 30 yrs . Sometimes we feel they are professional fraud that's why a bit tense and we belong to a very educated family with no such history can you suggest any good lawyer from Indore .i will definitely read all the issues related to this matter .

thanks for your valuable advice 

thanks , 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     29 January 2014

1. Take your brother to the physiatrist and find out The solution of his depression once he will ome out from this and he become confident then he will perform his s*xual activity , s*x is totally controlled by mind , also consult a expert doctor of this disease nd go the hospital and done all his relevent test of this disease nd keep the advise with you and simultaneously talked to your bhabhi and request her to cooperate with you to come out from this disease of your brother , if she refuses to cooperate with you and file case for nullify of the marriage on the ground of that the marriage has not be consummated owing to the impotence of the respondant in the family court u/ s 12(1)(a) then you may file the certificate issued by the doctor regarding your brother disease and his treatment and chances of his successes , in this way you can defend your case .
1 Like

Sir , every thing is done all the doctors are positive in their reports but that lady is not ready to listen to doctors even both the doctors told her that he will recovered but will take time we have taken even second opinion from other doctors they all says keep him happy but this lady is torturing us. especially my mummy as we didn't tell about such high maintenance to my brother  as suggested by doctor we hide all things which can give him any shock..................we spent thousand in his treatment for last 3 mths to save his marriage but that lady is very harsh now . Not ready to listen anything.But believe us we were not knowing about his any of his disease before his marriage otherwise we will never go for spoiling any one's life . Sir pls advice 

Thanks sir but pls suggests ways to come out of this situation . I feel she deliberately adding  blames on him just to take money 

fighting back (exec)     30 January 2014

@anamika..........first of all, dont get tensed, calm down...you have to face the challenge that has now come in the form your terrorising 'bhabhi', you will very soon face a barage of cases like 498A , DV 125 HMA 24

has she taken the stridhan away from your house, or still lying with you?

as i told you, first hire a reliable advocate very soon. (cannot advise any specific name) but you can find some good lawyers here in the forum itself, under the 'lawyers search' column. secondly, start recording all the telephone calls you get from your 'terrorist' bhabhi, all calls from her relatives, and other members who are threatening you, record all the calls on a memory card,  secondly, you need to inform in writing to the nearest police station about the threats being received, along with a detailed letter to the womens protection cell of your police commissionerate. you have to do this with the help of your lawyer, who will draft a letter for the same.  this letter will help you in future when false cases will start piling up

if she is not being paid any money from you at present for 'maintaining' her, then it is advisable to start depositiinng some reasonable amount in her bank account every month, to counter her maintaiinence case, but dont inform her that money is  being deposited by you in her account. let her first file the false maintainence case, then you can counter her cases.

so be calm and cool, and fight it head on.....instead of bowing down to threats........................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register