LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjitha (Sr. Analyst)     27 January 2014

120b, ipc 34

How 120B or 34 is relevant in matrimonial cases like dowry (498a or DP ACT)? How these sections are applicable in FIRs of dowry? i have seen numerous FIR containing these section but i failed to understand the conspiracy/common intention angle in dowry cases. My inquiry is purely academical, Learned members please guide me in understanding the applicability of these sections.

Learning

7 Replies

Munir Shaikh (Advocate)     28 January 2014

Hmm as per my knowledge 114 is applicable and there is no scope about 120B and 34... in 498a and DPA

rajendra (na)     28 January 2014

what if the marriage is wantedly cheated ?

this should be 420,406,120B........

Ranjitha (Sr. Analyst)     29 January 2014

@Rajendra, what is definition of wantedly cheated? could you provide few examples?

rajendra (na)     29 January 2014

Ex:what is the any of the spouse have impotency and before the marriage they know all the things she/he may not be fit the marraige ....if the marriage happens then one can put 120B(planned trap),420,406

ex 2:Waht is the spouse is having decease before to the marriage and twithout telling this to opposite party marriage performed...in this case u can file 120B 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 January 2014

It took my teacher multiple classes to explain the difference between 120B/ 34. You may search the internet and read commentaries on the same to satiate your academic interest. If there is any specific instance which needs clarification, we may attempt.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com

Handphone: +91-8010850498

Facebook: www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor

twitter.com/shoneekapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

2 Like

Ranjitha (Sr. Analyst)     30 January 2014

@Shonee, I am a regular visitor of the site: www.indiankanoon.org for reading orders/judgment related to Dowry cases. I observed that most of the 304B, 306, 307, 302 cases had section 120B or 34. Few of them had 120B or 34 in ordinary cases of 498a.

There isn't any specific example in my mind. I was just asking that what type of sections can be clubbed with 120B or 34? 120B or 34 is understandable with section 304B, 306, 307 and 302 but i failed to understand it with 498a.  

@Rajendra, Thanks for the answer.

498_final stage (Professional)     26 March 2014

Tell me if 120B is applicable in my case based on the following evidences

After hardly one week of the marriage the girl started threatening me of 498a case. I left my parent's house and took her away to Gurgaon where she also got a job. Even there she used to abuse and ill treat me. She used to hit/abuse me like a dog.

Finally I decided to record her statements, there it is recorded that she would set my sister and mother to fire. She will ask for 50 Lakh to 1 crore rupees and file false cases. She also said that she will make a scene in front my parental house

1) Before 1 week of filing 498a - Wife wrote me an email and said that I want a divorce from you and I have told this to my mother and my family. The legal proceedings will take place now. 

2) During the week of filing 498a - Her mother come to my Gurgaon house from Kanpur and they called my parents and they (her mother and daughter) abused my mother

3) The day 8th October2012 - Wife started fighting with me, I somehow took her back to home. She continued her Animal behaviour and called her mother, her sister called 100 number in Gurgaon. Police came in took her statement. By the time her mother came in and she wrote a complaint to Gurgaon police that we are harassing her for dowry. The girl went with her mother and sister and an unknown man who came with them

4) 9th October 2012 - Entire family went to the Police station. She (her mother and the girl) wrote there that they would take action further from Ghaziabad. File Closed at Gurgaon Police Station

5) 10th October 2012 - I started getting threat calls from an unknown man who claimed to be her brother. This brother we never saw anywhere in the marriage though. They attacked my Ghaziabad house at 11pm. The girl started shouting at the doors and made a scene (as she said 4 months ago in the audio recordings). Neighbours came in and her mother said that she would not let me come out of Jail for 6 months at least. The girl went inside the bedroom opened the almira and took her jewellery which my mother gave her.

6) Death of my father (18th Dec 2012) - My father died of a heart attack after this incident. 

7) They filed another case DV from Kanpur in December 2012

8) Girl's Mother started threatening me (Phone call recorded), that if I come to Kanpur then she would see me. In the mediation, girl said that she want to come back but I should send my mother somewhere else.

9) Mediation failed. cases are going on

10) She never had a father but now we see there is a man who claim to be her father and defending her and want to solve the case through mediation.

So I want to ask

For 120 B I read that there should be 2 person and they should plan something which may lead to physical and mental damage to the person.

In this case, the girl was definitely manouvered by her mother (who also left her husband in her days), does the EMAIL and the AUDIO RECORDING AND WHAT THEIR CLAIM IN THE COURT SAYS,,, amounts to 120 B

I am going file Perjury as well since the girl and her mother recently in her Domestic Violence case mentioned that she is not earning any more because of mental torture and harassement done to her.

However, the fact says a different picture... she has been working rather I have lost my job because I can not travel outside India and in my job travel is mandatory.

Kindly suggest, besides Defamation, Can I file 120B?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register