Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tar (ITA)     24 January 2014

Power of attorney

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, currently in UK for work purpose. I've below queries in on "Power of Attorney".

1. Can I get the "Power of Attorney" printed in plain paper and sign, notarize in UK?

2. Can the Rs 500 non judicial stamp be affixed on the same above document?

3. When my attorney signs on it for acceptance, does it need to be notarized once again in India??

4. I need to use the document in Maharashtra. Does the stamping and Indian notarization must get completed in Maharashtra or It can be done in any state of India??

5. Is the non judicial stamp state specific??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     24 January 2014

I advice you to do the following:

1, POA can be executed on a stamp paper/plain paper depends upon the country in which the power is executed.

2, N R I  needs to sign in all the papers

3,It has to be attested by consular or notary of the country.

4,But i prefer to get it done in  Indian consulate itself, which will more authenticated.

5,After issuing POA the document should be forwarded to india along with a covering letter, and it should be submitted for ADJUDICATION in subregistar office, in india within 3 months.

6,Once it is adjudicated it become a valid document.

7,POA has to be attested by two independent witness.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2014

Normally, Powers of Attorney given abroad have to be authenticated by an Indian Consulate official or a Notary. It should be stamped or adjudicated, within three months after receipt in India. In a case where a power of attorney is presented to a Registrar for property purposes, the Registrar may at his discretion decide whether to accept the power of attorney.

The answers to your questions:

1. Can I get the "Power of Attorney" printed in plain paper and sign, notarize in UK? It can be in a plain paper too.

2. Can the Rs 500 non judicial stamp be affixed on the same above document?  Not necessary

3. When my attorney signs on it for acceptance, does it need to be notarized once again in India??   He has to sign it before the registrar/sub-registrar, hence it need not be notarised.

4. I need to use the document in Maharashtra. Does the stamping and Indian notarization must get completed in Maharashtra or It can be done in any state of India??  Within Maharashtra

5. Is the non judicial stamp state specific?? Yes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register