Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

family_court_petioner (admin)     08 January 2014

Correction in judgement

Hello,

I got a divorce in 2011 at Family Court. I have the order with me. The order is clear and it states that my marriage is dissolved. 

I noticed that in the "Judgement" section where case details are mentioned (this is the section before the 'Order' section), there are some typographical errors. Specifically:

1) I am the petitioner and my gender has been mis-typed. I am referred as "he" at places instead of "she"

2) I have a daughter from my first marriage and her gender is also mis-typed. It is mentioned "Son" instead of "Daughter"

My question is that whether these typographical errors can be corrected by the family court? If yes, how? If no, are there any other means to make this right (eg. by furnishing affidavits etc).

As I mentioned earlier, there are no issues in the final "Order" section. Any help would be appreciated. 

-Petitioner

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 January 2014

Report it in concerned family court section superientendent. It will be rectified and issue fresh order copy then and there.

2 Like

Thank you sir. Appreciate your response

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     08 January 2014

If there is no response then u hv to file Misc Appln

but on reporting so, the work should be done

1 Like

Thank you. It may be obvious but just confirming a couple of things

1) Should I go through a lawyer to file a Misc. Application in Family Court for typo corrections or is this something I should do on my own? 

2) Is Misc. application treated like a normal petition i.e,. would I have to get a hearing date and appear in front of judge just like my MC petition?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register