Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Tax evasion petition - amount limit

Dear Experts, 

I am in a process to fiel TEP against wife and In laws. Before marriage they said they r very poor and their earnings all going on maintenances and living expenses. 

Now they have claimed around 6-7 lakhs as dowry given and marriage expenses. And also 6 lakhs worth jewellery. These figures are highly speculative to their earnings. Father is not working. MIL is in catering business. Wife is in small job of pay 7k. They have a brother who is working as labourer in abroad for last 2 years. 

Please answer below queries

1. Can i File TEP against them with the claimed amounts in FIR ? Or Do i need wait for chargesheet?

2. They have not submitted any kind of proofs that money given to me and list of Bills? 

3. Any amount limit is there to file TEP?

4. If they prove they have sufficient earnings, still the TAX authorities will seek information in which bank account it is maintained? and their transactions until marriage?

5. Their PAN is useful any manner? in this regards?

GUIDELINES ON TEP PLEASE ....WILL BE APPRECIATED A LOT

Learning

3 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 January 2014

Yes, you should file the Tax Evasion Petition. It would create pressure on the other party.

It does not matter how much accumulation they had over the years, they have to prove the income of that year, if the marriage expense has not been shown in the Income Tax Returns. Unexplained expenditure becomes the income of that year.

I think it is pertinent to mention that my FIL was asked to cough up a lot of money for such unexplained expanditure. You may read the relevant news at

https://newsmanthan.blogspot.in/2011/03/warning-for-dowry-harassment-ipc498a.html

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-8010850498

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks Shonne ji,

Charge sheet is not filed yet , can i file RTI on the basis of FIR They filed. 

Can i also file RTI to the concerned bank where my wife account is held for further information. 

Is PAN Number helpful in any manner

rajendra (na)     11 January 2014

If you Know PAN number it will be helpful.......You can view 26AS statement from the below site

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html?nextPage=taxCred

This will be benefit for you while filing the TEP

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register