LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Transfer petition

I am looking for help in filing transfer peition to supreme court for transfer of the case from Gurgaon District court to Bangalore family court. My husband has deserted me since 5 months and I have a small 5 months baby. Behind my back and in my absence, he has filed a case for divorce under section 27. I havent received the summons but I got this information after checking the ecourts website, as I was getting threats of divorce from him. So, I have the case number with me.

Please suggest a lawyer from Bangalore Whitefield area and also quote an appropriate fee for filing the transfer petition. I will also require your help in fighting the case.

Regards.

Learning

5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     17 December 2013

check your PM

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 December 2013

@ Madhu, Have you received a notice from the Gurgaon Court for the case, if not after receiving the notice, appear either in person or through a lawyer before the court, get the copies, and then apply for transfer of the same before the Supreme court with your reasons for it.  Once it is transferred to Bangalore family court, you may approach an advocate at Bangalore for representing your side, it will take at least another year's time from now on, so wait until then.

(Guest)

Are you saying that the transfer of case will take one year to happen? And meanwhile, I will have to attend gurgaon court?

(Guest)

What is divorce under section 27? First come up with the full story, what are those grounds he chose for divorce?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2013

It may be a divorce under Special Marriage Act.  Well Madhu, I was referring to the time period of one year which will ordinarily consume for your case to get processed and finally land in Bangalore, until then you can ask your advocate to represent in the Gurgaon case that the matter is pending in Supreme court for transfer, so no proceedings will take place.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register