Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishant (PO)     17 November 2013

Sbi po termination due to uninformed absenteeism

Hi,

I had been selected as SBI PO during 2010 and i joined the bank in nagpur on 1st march 2011. Eventually i was posted at Mumbai branch. My family which includes only my mother stays in Nagpur. Her health is not well as she has neuro related problems. From 19th March 2013 i am on uninformed absence. I myself had some problems related to my health. Will i be terminated from the employment???  As health issues are resolved as of now I will be going to LHO SBI Mumbai in a day or two, What should be my course of action while talking to them.

P.S. I HAVE NOT INFORMED BANK ABOUT THE SAME. 

Learning

7 Replies

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     17 November 2013

Inform them at the earliest at phone and also in written by registered post. Send the medical bills/slip of your and your mother's illness as proof.  Be fare and claim medical bill embursement from your employee.  keeping other side in dark is not a good/fare thing.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 November 2013

you are doing a misconduct fit enough for disciplinary action.

Sudhir Sir,

Now that I have done this mistake, will i be able to correct it? I am planning to meet the AGM HR at LHO Mumbai, but I am skeptical that they will hear my case, since i haven't replied to their mails i.e my attitude was not right with respect to the gravity of the matter. Also I would like to know if i get terminated will I  be able to appear for other PSU's?

Thanks in advance 

Sudhir Sir,

What should be the measures i should take to avoid termination. There are no dues on my side to the bank. Also now I want to continue the service, will it be possible, or termination is waiting for me? If I get terminated do I have any chance to be eligible for getting job in other PSU's? 

chandan (cto)     18 November 2013

As per latest settlement one can be terminated from service in bank if he/she is absent for a period more than 30 days. However practically the procedure takes longer period around six month. However you contact both management and union and I believe you can be in the job with a special appeal.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2013

It is for higher authroties to take lenient view.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 November 2013

The ways out is aptly suggested by Mr. Sudhir Kumar.

You are fully aware of pros and cons in your matter.

The authority does have the power and may exercise its power to take a lenient view and suggest a  way out.

The authority may not exercise its power as it may set a wrong precedence.

The HR is also wary of termination as it may lead to litigation.

The AGM-HR in all probabilities has called you to conduct his inquiry with you in person get some kind of admission and pronounce the verdict of Hr to his superiors.

The record of sickness may fetch you some relief depending upon the view taken by authority.

Do your homework and decide what is to be said and what is to be written by you.

If possible and suitable to you and acceptable to the authority explore the option to resign and obtain proper reliving.

However before you act and visit it shall be appropriate to take advice of Employees Union Leaders and your lawyer in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register