Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

k jagadeesh (-)     08 September 2009

FIR

Hi

On my complaint a FIR has been filed by the jurisdictional police on illegal occupancy of my site 3 months back. What is the next procedure and how long should Ihave to wait?  I have submitted all docs. to police to prove my bonafide claim of my ownership.  

Learning

9 Replies

Shivasurya (Lawyer)     08 September 2009

Approach the concerned police to file chargesheet against the accused, in failure file direction petition before the Highcourt u/s.482 Cr.P.C. for direction directing the police to file chargesheet

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     08 September 2009

you have to file a case of eviction on the basis of FIR for interim relief. Police can register only FIR but to make the eviction order is of the court.

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     09 September 2009

YES TO GET PERMANENT RELIEF AND A DECREE OF OWNERSHIP U SHOULD FILE A CASE IN A CIVIL COURT. POLICE HAS NO POWER TO DECIDE THE OWNERSHIP.

vipul vakharia (advocate)     10 September 2009

I think that  Mr. Botbora  is right. You have to file  suit  on the bases of f I R . Pl.  also see the section  145 Of Cr.p.c .

k jagadeesh (-)     17 September 2009

Sorry I forgot to mention that the FIR has been filed against unknown person who has occupied illegally.  Could you pls. clarify me the procedure further?

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     17 September 2009

file a progress report application regarding the investigation before the court.

1 Like

Selvam (Others)     18 September 2009

After filing the FIR through the Court Order, how much time the investigation can be taken by the police to give final report? After three long years of Police Investigation nothing has come off and inyhat situation what one is supposed to do?

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     18 September 2009

Dear Mr. Jagadeesh,

The first step is to file the complaint and get the FIR registered which you have already done. Since the FIR is registered against unknown persons it is the duty of the police to investigate and trace out the illegal occupier and file the charge sheet. If the police is dragging their feet, you can move the High Court by way of apetition U/s.482 Cr.PC seeking direction to the police to complete the investigation and file the charge sheet. This will not take much time (maybe 2 to 3 weeks to get the order)

During the course of investigation you will get the details of the illegal occupant and then file a suit before a competent civil court for declaration of your title to the property and for recovery of possession. If you are lucky, the illegal occupant may agree to hand over possession fearing criminal prosecution on the direction of the High Court.

Thanks,

Ramakrishnan, ADV

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     18 September 2009

IF U WANT A PERMANENT SOLUTION THEN FILE A CIVIL SUIT SEEKING A DECREE ND OWNERSHIP. CRIMINAL COURT HAS NO POWER TO DECIDE OWNERSHIP.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register