LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagmohan (2)     16 September 2009

Working of Director in other company

Can a Director of a Pvt Ltd Company legally work in other company?

Learning

8 Replies

Jagmohan (2)     16 September 2009

Thanks Mr. Shah. But can he work as an employee on the payrolls of another entirely different company without the other company knowing it?

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     16 September 2009

Yes, Mr. Jagmohan, he can, provided he is a non executive Director in that company.

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     16 September 2009

my answer is also yes.

CS Maqbool (CEO & Director)     05 April 2011

Dear All

A little more clarity/granularity please. I read that you can be the director as long as there is no conflict of interest. This is a thin line I believe. Are there any guidelines like same business line is not permitted. Could be same business but the product can't be same etc. For example: same business is very broad. Software/IT is the business. so if I am joining another company which is also into software (but not making the same kind of product/service) is that ok? or does it constitute conflict of interest? Another question: is the director allowed to participate in interviews or public appearances about his company while working as an employee in another company? sorry about this lengthy question, but you are all experts in your areas and can help us understand it better.. Thanks so much in advance.

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     05 April 2011

I believe, If a person is allowed to be Managing Director in two companies (U/s 316) then any other ordinary director will also be allowed, may be subject to some conditions. Also, to some extent it depends whether he is executive director or non executive Director and Whole time or part time.

More over Pvt companies have been given lots of liberty. I'll have to check this.

VKDwivedi

Saurabh (Director)     22 April 2011

I have a similar question.

Can a Board-director(Co-founder with minority stake) seek employement in another company?
 Does the director needs to duly inform Managing Director before signing such professional commitments?

thanks&regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register