Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sai (Senior software engineer)     17 October 2013

Company not agreeing for notice period buy out

Hi,

I have been working for an  MNC at Hyderabad for almost 3 years. I have resigned on OCT1 2013 and was expected to join in a new organization, which is again an MNC in a month time i.e by NOV 5 2013.While i serve a month notice,  I am ready to buy out the rest 2 months notice period. But, my current organization is insisting me to service my notice of 3 months. I have been requesting my manager that i would fullfill all my current responsibilities and would transition any of the dependencies to existing resources within Nov 5 2013. But, my manager wants me to stay until he finds a new resource and rejected my early release Below are the excerpts of my job agreement . Please suggest on how i could be relieved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT

During Probation period either the Company or you may at any time terminate this agreement without cause, by giving in writing to the other party, One Month notice or in lieu thereof a sum equal to the amount or pro−rated amount of salary which would have accrued to you during the period or remaining period of notice. You shall not be entitled to any notice pay if your employment is terminated in accordance with condition 7.6 of the Appendix 3 to this letter of appointment/agreement.

7.2 After completion of the Probationary period, either the Company or you may at any time terminate this agreement without cause by giving in writing to the other party, Three Months notice or in lieu thereof a sum equal to the amount or pro−rated amount of salary which would have accrued to you during the period or remaining period of notice.

7.3 After notice of termination, you shall cooperate with the Company, as reasonably requested by the Company, to effect a transition of your responsibilities and ensure that the Company is aware of all matters being handled by you.

7.4 Upon termination of your employment with the Company for any reason, you shall promptly return to the Company any keys, credit cards, passes, confidential documents or material, or other property belonging to the Company, and return all writings, files, records, correspondence, notebooks, notes and other documents and things (including any copies thereof) containing Confidential

Information or relating to the business or proposed business of the Company or its subsidiaries or affiliates. The Company reserves the right not to relieve you of your employment in the event that all the Company's documents/ property / Confidential Information in your custody have not been properly handed over by you to an authorized representative of the Company.

7.5 The Company reserves the right during any period of notice to exclude you from the premises of the Company, or to require you to carry out specified duties at premises other than those referred to in paragraph 3 of the letter of appointment/agreement, or to carry out no duties, and to instruct you not to communicate with clients, employees, agents or representatives of the Company until your employment has been terminated, provided that you will continue to be paid and to enjoy normal contractual benefits during any such period, except in the case of suspension. You will not be entitled to engage in any other employment, work or business during the notice period.

7.6 In addition to all the rights of the Company provided for in this agreement or in any other policies/regulations of the Company

or under law, the Company may terminate your employment forthwith in any of the following circumstances:

(i) Breach by you of any of the terms of this letter of employment/agreement;

(ii) Breach of any clauses of the Company's regulations/policies as referenced in clause 6 hereinabove;

(iii) Unauthorized absence beyond a period of seven consecutive days;

(iv) Inability to perform your duties beyond a period of thirty (30) days, whether on medical grounds or on any other grounds;

(v) Physical or mental incapacitation to perform your duties;

(vi) Any misrepresentation by you to the Company, whether made orally or in writing and whether expressly or by conduct, and

whether at the time of appointment or prior or subsequent thereto;

(vii) Commission of any act detrimental to the interests of the Company;

(viii) Commission of any act of moral turpitude;

(ix) Misconduct;

(x) Commission of an act of insolvency;

(xi) Conviction in any court of law for the commission of any crime; or

(xii) Your performance is continuously measured as below expectation.

Notwithstanding anything contained in clause 7.1, the Company reserves the right to terminate your employment without giving any notice period or pay in lieu thereof if you are in breach of the sub−clauses of clause 7.6 hereinabove.

13. OTHERS

13.1 You will be bound by the Company's regulations/policies, and all other rules, instructions, and orders issued by the Company from time to time, in relation to your conduct, discipline and service conditions such as leave, medical, retirement, etc. as if these Company's regulations/policies, rules, instructions, etc. were part of this letter of employment/agreement. In case of any conflict between this letter of employment/agreement and Company's regulations/policies, the terms and conditions herein shall override/prevail.

13.2 You shall inform the Company as soon as possible about any change in your residential address.

13.3 Survival The provisions of this letter of employment/agreement, which by their nature are intended to survive the termination or expiration of this letter of employment/agreement, including without limitation, the provisions of Clauses 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11 &

13.3 shall survive the termination of this letter of employment/agreement.

Learning

4 Replies

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (CEO)     18 October 2013

Dear Client,

As per your service/employment contract, issue of one month's notice  to your employers is  enough and they are dutybound to discharge you after one month's notice period.  Indian MNC employees  are governed by labour laws in India. Approach any  appropriate labour court for redressal of your service grievances. Please press the Thank you button on my profile.

1 Like

Sai (Senior software engineer)     18 October 2013

Hi Nirmala,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Is there a number i can consult you.

Thanks,

Sai.

Ms.Nirmala P.Rao (CEO)     18 October 2013

You can find it on my profile. Please email your query to my email address. You need to pay MY CONSULTATION FEE AS well. . I'd  provide all m y bank particulars and I'm a Pro member and hence entitled to fee payment. Thanks!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2013

Clause 7.2 is clear.

Your manager or even HR is not your employer. He is just another employee in the company.

Hope your next employer is buying out the notice pay.

You may submit notice of resignation and subsequent representations citing this clause to good offices of your appointing authority, MD preferably by letter thru redg. post.

Resignation and separation is personal matter.

You affirm to adjust notice pay in FNF statement/settlement or ask the good offices to send you the calculations by letter so that you can submit payment by cheque and the receipt and acknowledgment of chque should be handed over to you on the spot under proper seal and signature of competent employee of the company. You must mention that shall have show notice pay recovery in FNF statement and reduce the FNF amounts by notice pay and issue Form16 as per final amount in FNF statement (after adjusting notice pay).

Thus you shall not be subjected to double taxation.

You may ask to supply the acknowledgment of resignation immediately, acceptance of resignation, FNF statement showing the paybles by company to employee/paybles by employee to company (the employee is asked to check the correctness and submit objections if any), Payment of FNF dues by Bank DD, Form 16 as per correct FNF statement, PF number and PF a/c slip, ESIC card, Health/Group Insurance card, Relieving letter, Service certificate, within office hours on your last day in office.

Submit periodic reminders under proper acknowledgment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register