LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan (Engineer)     14 October 2013

Conjugal rights in hindu marriage

hi experts, pls help me to understand conjugal duties or a husband & wife as per hindu marriage law.

I have found some on internet, pls comment from your end & add if something is missed.

1. Participate in the creation of progeny
  2. Work for the welfare of the family members.
  3. Respect the Hindu dharma and family traditions by performing the obligatory duties, various samskars and rituals.
  4. Perform devotional services, charitable works and other morally and spiritual uplifting activities.
  5. Serve the gods, earthly beings, the ancestors and the dependent parents and relationships.
  6. Look after each other through thick and thin.
  7. Assist each other in their spiritual progress and work for each other's salvation.

also help me to understand if wife is having marital obligations for in-laws too as per law. also if some cruelty I have seen against my child from my wife than how can I prove it if sufficient evidences are not available??

Learning

2 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     14 October 2013

@Author

To cut the long story short, although your points are 100% valid, these may be ignored by a wife in continuum but there is no lawful recourse. There is no such provision in the law to force her to act as Indian "Bechaari" Woman however whenever they deem fit, may turn into IBW and seek judicial corrections for themselves.

There is a general provision of "Cruelty", as per provisions of law, but this is in general & default applicable to Indian Husbands only and is presumed to be meted out by Wives. Even if you file such a complaint in Police Station OR Court of Law, people would laugh on the husband and discourage them from filing such complaints.

I think you should find a more reasonable way than going "en-route" to law....

//peace

/Saurabh..V

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 October 2013

Dear Karan

You should read the book on  Hindu Marriage

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register