LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhruv (other)     03 October 2013

Filing for custody/visitation rights

Wife filed 498a etc and DVC (for maintenance etc) on me and entire family, lost my mother, I am jobless at the moment not seen my children for 6 months  3 yrs and 9 years old. 12 yrs of marriage.

Getting a job and doing seems very difficult for me considering my mental level.

Side-effect of a job would be tht she would start getting money. In software sector that I am in mostly salaries go to the bank and nothing is given in hand.

To get back to some sense of normalcy to start looking for a job and doing it it would be good to first start visiting my children weekly at least once.

My wife is a teacher getting about 10k per month.

To get visitation rights my lawyer says u have to get a job. I can understand that to get custody I would need a job, but even for visitation rights do I need a job ??????

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

The dependency of WGA case on your job is relevant as the contribution of maintenance for well fare of child can't be ignored. But for visitation it's not mandatory to have job first then you will be allowed to see the face of your Biological child.This fact's and circumstances creates the matter of arguement. You have to rely on the merit of the case as you have stated in your query,so that atleast you should be provided with visitation right.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2013

Mr. Suferer has rightly opined that it is not mandatory that you are to be employed for applying for visitation rights.  There is no such ruling in this aspect.

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 October 2013

agree with experts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register