Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshith (Service)     20 September 2013

Maintainance petition filed by my father

Dear sir/madam,

My father has filed petition against me and my elder brother seeking maintainance of 10000 per month from each of the respondent. My father is retired govt. servant and getting handsome pension of 12800 per month. He is a person with bad habits like consuming alcohol and gambling. He has neglected his own legally wedded wife from last ten years. He has continuously tortured his wife and children in the past. He not even supported for marriage of his two elder daughters. Me and my brother have completed our education with lot of struggle and got the job. The petitioner (Father) has purchased a home after retirement by bank loan. My elder brother look after the whole family expenses as my father's pension was going to bank loan. My father did not paid the loan installments properly, instead spending the money for his own needs. After getting notice from bank, my brother started to pay the home loan and my father did gift deed (legaly) of home to my brother name at his own wish, as he dont wanted to pay the loan. My brother and me both cleared all home loan and now my father is getting full pension in hand. As he is spendthrift, we told him to keep all pension amount with him for his needs and we will lookafter our mother. We also assured him that we will take care of you and provide everything if you leave your all bad habits and stay peacefully with us. But afterall this, he mingled with his selfish brothers and started to torture us to return back the home on his name. His brothers planned to grab the home. We did not respond to them. Then my father started to stay with them and filed case saying that we have forged the gift deed without his knowledge and he is unaware of gift deed. He filed FIR against my mother, elder brother and my elder sister. Also filed petition seeking the maintainance from both sons 10000 rs each. Police did not filed chargesheet and given it as B report , false complaint for the allegation stating forged giftdeed. He failed to provide any evidence/proofs that the gift deed was illegal. For maintainance, court has asked him to provide evidence for claiming maintainance. He dont have any evidence, now they are sending letters to our company seeking salary certificate and torturing our family members. This is the background of case.

Now please help me to clear my following doubts:

1. As he is getting good amount of pension (12800) from govt and neglecting his wife, is he eligible to get maintainance?

2. He is torturing me and my brother by sending letters to my offices seeking salary certificate. Letter is sent by his advocate. Any advocate can send letter to any organisation asking salary certificate? If we have to stop, what action do we need to take?

3. We have already mentioned in our objection letter that we are ready to take care of him, he can come and stay with us. But he is interested only in money.

Pls suggest/share your opinions/advice regarding the above matter.

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

1. As he is getting good amount of pension (12800) from govt and neglecting his wife, is he eligible to get maintainance?

Opinion: No. He is retired ex govt. employee getting pension.He can't get maintenance.

2. He is torturing me and my brother by sending letters to my offices seeking salary certificate. Letter is sent by his advocate. Any advocate can send letter to any organisation asking salary certificate? If we have to stop, what action do we need to take?

Opinion: Yes his Advocate can seek information through your company as case has been filed for maintenance.

why are you afraid? if he is getting his pension ,then what's wrong to not face his maintenance case and make it dismiss.

You guys are behaving like as your Dad is "Veerapan" who will shoot all of you.

3. We have already mentioned in our objection letter that we are ready to take care of him, he can come and stay with us. But he is interested only in money.

Opinion: See if your are right and he is wrong,then stay cool and let him fight his case with what ever false allegations,,,,which will fall apart in due course of time.Don't worry.

Just collect his income detail and submit to the court as he is enjoying his pension.

You guys and your mother are maintained not by him,all are earning member's...No issue should be ahead.

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     21 September 2013

1. Under which Section of Law father is seeking maintenance from his two sons? Is it under S. 125 CrPC or under The Maintenance & Welfare of Parents &. Senior Citizens Act, 2007?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2013

Your father has got a right to claim  maintenance from is sons provided he is not having any sufficient source of income to maintain himself.  Also, if your father states that he apprehends fear of his life security by staying with you, he can refuse the shelter in your home;  however, I believe that he stands losing his case if his monthly pension amount is proved to be his source of income.  

1 Like

Harshith (Service)     21 September 2013

He has filed it under S. 125 CrPC...
We have also proof of his pension certificate.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 September 2013

your right duty& liability comes to give maintenance to your father if he has no source or insufficiant source of income and unable to maintenance himself.but he is an ex-govt. employee and getting good penson and other facilities then he will not get maintenance amount from you u/s 125 crpc.
2 Like

Nina Rakheja (unhappily married)     22 September 2013

A wife if files domestic violence case on hubby can  aged hubby seek relief under The Maintenance & Welfare of Parents &. Senior Citizens Act, 2007?

Harshith (Service)     23 September 2013

thank you Dear Sufferer, Tajobsindia, Kalaiselvan Sir, Laxmikant Joshi Sir for your suggestions.

If they get our salary slip, does that make our case weak?

Do they object by saying he is getting handsome salary?

What if my mother file domestic violence case against his ill treated husband?

alia_alian (journalism)     23 September 2013

Why Tajob never reply to NINA? What is the issue? NINA this is for you.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEZl-YvhPg

Harshith (Service)     02 February 2014

Dear all,

With reference to the above matter, I am very glad to say that interim appln filed by father has been dismissed, after submitting his pension certificate and copy of Fixed deposit on his name. Court has asked him to produce evidence. They are very desperately trying get my and my brother salary slips. According to them, we are getting very high salary and giving maintainance of 10000 Rs each per month will not be hardship to us and he is getting very meager pension(13000 pm). Pls share your opinion..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register