LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

One tie settlement or monthly maintenanace

which thing should I prefer? monthly maintenence of 10000-15000 per month for lifetime or one time settlement of around 25-30 lakhs after my divorce?

please help me all the forum members with legal and valid replies.

thanks to all in advance

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

@ Author,

What is the possibility of remarriage of your ex in coming future based on that calculate the amount.

Suppose after divorce within 3 years she would get married then amount = 180000x3 = 540000/-

Suppose after divorce your ex married after 5 years then amount would be = 180000x5 = 900000/- and this continues..........

Now come to the comparison:

if you deposit in bank say 25 lakhs on your name ,then monthly interest would be derrived as:

Take a fixed rate as minimum 8% for deposit for 8 years ,the deposit here i have taken as an assumption,it varies from bank to bank.

25x8 = 200000 p.a interest is derrived from your deposit.

now calculate for p.m 200000/12 = 16666.66/- 16666> 15000 which is still greater than your monthly maintenance to her.

The benefit you have the following:

1. The basic FD remain's intact in your name only as you will be only the whole and sole owner of that FD.

2. The chances of remarry is not fixed she may be married even after 1 year of divorce,so here your saving Lakhs of your earned incomes.

3. If she join's any job or you have traced any clue of income from any other mode you can directly go for change of circumstances and you can dismiss her maintenance.This applies even for if she has gone unchastity after divorce.

So, If you compare it by giving onetime settlement by 25 laks,then it will be foolish if she is young,qualified and she has any affair or might be indulge in affair soon after divorce.

My opinion is go through monthly maintenance.

regards.

(Guest)

@ Author,

What is the possibility of remarriage of your ex in coming future based on that calculate the amount.

Suppose after divorce within 3 years she would get married then amount = 180000x3 = 540000/-

Suppose after divorce your ex married after 5 years then amount would be = 180000x5 = 900000/-

and this continues..........

Now come to the comparison:

if you deposit in bank say 25 lakhs on your name ,then monthly interest would be derrived as:

Take a fixed rate as minimum 8% for deposit for 8 years ,the deposit here i have taken as an assumption,it varies from bank to bank.

25x8 = 200000 p.a interest is derrived from your deposit.

now calculate for p.m

200000/12 = 16666.66/-

16666> 15000 which is still greater than your monthly maintenance to her.

the benefit you have the following:

1. The basic FD remain's intact in your name only as you will be only the whole and sole owner of that FD.

2. The chances of remarry is not fixed she may be married even after 1 year of divorce,so here your saving Lakhs of your earned incomes.

3. If she join's any job or you have traced any clue of income from any other mode you can directly go for change of circumstances and you can dismiss her maintenance.This applies even for if she has gone unchastity after divorce.

So, If you compare it by giving onetime settlement by 25 laks,then it will be foolish if she is young,qualified and she has any affair or might be indulge in affair soon after divorce.

My opinion is go through monthly maintenance.

regards.

(Guest)

sir

I m female asking for the query. my divorce happened five months ago but maintenance case is going. he had already remarried just after 3 months of divorce.my friends are asking me to go for one time settlement  as they have a doubt that he may stop paying monthly maintenance anytime in life then again I have to run in court for that. also other circumstances are there as he works in a private company and if by chance he loses his job and files a case in his city to stop maintenance in those circumstances then i have to go to his city for court proceedings, which is difficult for me with a baby.

thats y I am asking that which would be preferable?

(Guest)

@ Author,

Very smartly you have asked the query pertaining as you are a husband who is seeking advice to save his hard earned money.You have hided your identity,as no wife ask directly as which is good a lifetime maintenance or 25 lakhs as a deal.

This shows your greediness. Iam ashamed that I have assumed you as as harassed husband who had fighted for his freedom and ultimately got by 25 lakhs.

by hiding your identity you are asking the question of a harassed male doesn't shows any generousity in you.

I thank's to your next query that i come to know that you are a wife.

A sincere advice: If you are a capable women then don't be as parasite,atleast for your inner soul ......live life with dignity by earning yourself,don't be a beggar and live on the mercy of your husband.

It's your right to ask maintenance for your child but rethink maintenance for yourself if you have two hand's and a strong brain with beauty is still alive to atleast feed your stomach along with wrap your body.

Last concerned: If you were genuine then during first post only you would have revealed that you are a harassed wife and this...this is my condition and i desperately need a help,Then i would have loved to help you in number of way's. But sorry to say the above answer was not for. I request to you ...from next time atleast write a full query and identification so that a bad impression doesn't exist in the mind of a replier.

Last Reply..!!

2 Like

(Guest)

its ur fault that u mistook me as husband. u can't blame me for ur mistake. I have hidden my identity to avoid any legal complications. of course,I can work and maintain myself and my child also but then u take care of my new born child and feed him so that I can go out and work.

thanks for ur advice and please dont reply me unnecessarily.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     22 September 2013

Whether you are a husband or a wife, here are the pros and cons:

Pros & Cons: One time settlement, done.. all headaches over.  No more going to Court if maintenance delayed or not paid. For husband also, its good because if his situation improves or he wins a lottery, wife has no claim over it through maintenance to enhance her lifestyle. For wife, its good because she does not have to suffer if the husband's financial condition deteriorates. He can ask for maintenance to be reduced. The Cons are just the other side of what ifs? 

The advantages can be lost for the husband if the one-time settlement agreement is not properly drafted to cover all the above points.  Once wife gets the check, she has nothing to lose in the future, only more to gain if the agreement does not cover future changes in financial situation of the husband.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register