LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Laswyer)     15 September 2013

Wife not coming back

Hello Sir/Madam - I got married in chennai under hindu act on Apr 2012. I live in usa. I brought my wife here to usa 10 days after marriage. we lived here for a year and got a kid. My wife left to India for the kid. Now, she is not willing to come back to usa now. she is asking me to come to india. Its been six months since we separated. She threatening me to come by Sep 20 or she will make me come to india using false cases. What should I do in this scenario? I have tried all my best to bring her back in the last six months. Nothing worked.

Learning

9 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 September 2013

1.    Yes, she can in current situation post recent child birth psychologically is in delicate position and may under advise of her so called advisory circles may file assumed to be false case against you – your side of relations.

2.    A lady given recently birth to a child needs husbands physical company to help her regain her health and someone close to her giving her company from her post delivery phase and if you as her husband have been (were) present all these time - at the time of child birth or at any other time post delivery of the parties child then it is seen as ‘tried all efforts’. Try making a visit to her as it is still not too late if already not tried visiting her as in-person to see your child and take stock of her post delivery situations as trans Atlantic phone communications vis-a-vis physical presence of a husband (natural father) are two sides of allegations of parties to some appreciation of blunt facts.

3.    If already paid her a visit post delivery then suggested do it again as a young mother needs company of her husband for quite extended periods compared to a young bride and it is also suggested to visit a local therapist in your County before making another visit to your wife here in India to understand her stress - what she is going through. 

4. If all above already tried then appraise me of the same and may be a legal advice then cometh! 

get_strong (engineer)     16 September 2013

Hi,

Its so simple,why are you seeking legal advice.....She is needing your presence next to her.If you prioritise family and personal life than professional life,come and stay with her.Any way you can continue with your professional life later  also.But if your family life is messed with false complaints and cases,its like you are emotionally dead....May be she is too uncomfortable in a unknown land and after the child birth,she is undergoing unexplained stress and loneliness.When discussed with you,you may havenot understood it,and have denied it,for which she wrongly trying to use laws....There is nothing greater than happy family and peacefull personal life....go  back to her on leave atleast 

(Guest)

Don't ever listen to force. You will be finished if you do so. If she threatens you in the pretext of false cases ask her to go to hell although I do agree that you should prioritize and take wife/kid into consideration but not on gunpoint.

he came to seek legal advice because his wife threatened him with false cases. Is it not simple to understand.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2013

Do not worry about the false cases your wife intends to make against you;  You have enough proof to prove that she left your company at US for delivery of child but has not returned and is making a fuss in you joining you back into the matrimonial fold;  See if you can afford to lose your job and income for the sake of listening to your wife's silly claims which is devoid of future welfare of your family consisting your wife, children and yourself, take wise decision.

1 Like

498aindian (other)     16 September 2013

I agree with stalker & Kalaiselvan ,Author came to seek legal advice because his wife threatened him with false cases. Is it not simple to understand his grudge as what rest expert suggested.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     16 September 2013

@Author

While all the learned senior members have already given the best advice, I would like to add that, why not try elders of your family to intervene? Why not find out, why is she insisting you to come back to India? Finding a job is not a cake walk and given to today's scenario a job in US is far more rewarding than in India.

It's not about bending to her undue pressure but one should first think while putting himself in other's shoes. Maybe all she need is your presence and when you talk to her face to face, she may actually give in to live with you at US.

All the best!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ram

Hello Sir/Madam - I got married in chennai under hindu act on Apr 2012. I live in usa. I brought my wife here to usa 10 days after marriage. we lived here for a year and got a kid. My wife left to India for the kid. Now, she is not willing to come back to usa now. she is asking me to come to india. Its been six months since we separated. She threatening me to come by Sep 20 or she will make me come to india using false cases. What should I do in this scenario? I have tried all my best to bring her back in the last six months. Nothing worked.

I say you are saved from trouble.  Just imagine she calling 911 and you sit in lockup?

Still, I congrratulate you that your wife ran away by herself, without causing you much trouble.

Now let her file any case that she wants, then hire a lawyer.

Ram (Laswyer)     17 September 2013

Thanks for all your suggestions. In fact my daughter was born in USA. I was with my wife all the time during and after delivery. I took care of my wife and daughter for two months before she left to India. She left me because I had fights with her parents for minor issues in usa. They are left me.There has some family issues and misunderstanding in the beginning. But my wife confirmed she will be back in three months. Now its been six months, she dont want to come. No mediation worked. She says she dont like it here. I think she dont want to handle baby all by herself. I am on a contract job for another year. I just dont like threatening tone of her. I loved her so much and all she gives me back is this.

I am afraid what case she will put me. We have some of her things in our home. Will she put dowry case? She never stayed in my house in india more than a day. Will she put domestic violence case? How do i protect myself?

Thanks all!

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ram

Thanks for all your suggestions. In fact my daughter was born in USA. I was with my wife all the time during and after delivery. I took care of my wife and daughter for two months before she left to India. She left me because I had fights with her parents for minor issues in usa. They are left me.There has some family issues and misunderstanding in the beginning. But my wife confirmed she will be back in three months. Now its been six months, she dont want to come. No mediation worked. She says she dont like it here. I think she dont want to handle baby all by herself. I am on a contract job for another year. I just dont like threatening tone of her. I loved her so much and all she gives me back is this.

I am afraid what case she will put me. We have some of her things in our home. Will she put dowry case? She never stayed in my house in india more than a day. Will she put domestic violence case?

How do i protect myself?

Use condoms for s*x.

Use umbrella when it rains.

That's the only way you can protect yourself.

Jokes apart.

Contact good criminal lawyer, until FIR is registered no bail you can get.  Until then hide, change your place and hide until your lawyer secures anticipatory bail for you.

Thanks all!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register