Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting back (exec)     10 September 2013

Sending maintainence amount by post to court

hi guys,

just wanted to confirm with you, since my case is going on in a different state, my lawyer has advised me to send a monthly DD or a cheque directly to the concerned family court by registered AD.

to be addressed directly to the Hon Justice........of family court. with a registered AD card, 

i wanted to know if this method is ok, that is to send it in the name of the Hon Judge directly?

thanks................

Learning

11 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     10 September 2013

yes you can but i think the post will be very convinient as personal name of judge

1 Like

fighting back (exec)     10 September 2013

nadeem sir.....thank you for your reply, just wanted to know, did you mean, it is ok if i put the name of the hon judge on the envelope or do send it in the name of the court directly. ?\

thanks again

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     10 September 2013

name of the court will be better along with the case title and no.

1 Like

D Seikhar G (self)     10 September 2013

@ Nadeem sir, is there any provision in law to directly send money to her account and no need to go through this tedious method.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : fighting back

hi guys,

just wanted to confirm with you, since my case is going on in a different state, my lawyer has advised me to send a monthly DD or a cheque directly to the concerned family court by registered AD.

What makes you not get a DD, is that 25 rupees for DD charges, [remember, DD is a government instrument via bank] or that 35 rupees for RPAD which your lawyer has told you to send through???

Sending by post by MO was good 30 years back.  If you got inspired by the movie Special Chabbees, then nobody can help you, even that movie was based 30 years back.

What I suggest your Brother is, send a DD or a cheque, if cheque, make sure you cross the cheque, and inform the bank that your have given cheque to such such person.  If you send DD, take xerox copy of DD what you send, keep reciept of .such amount paying to bank, or statement from your bank if it is wireless transfer.

You will surely be making your case complicated for saving that 100 rupees by listening to Nadeem ji.

to be addressed directly to the Hon Justice........of family court. with a registered AD card, 

i wanted to know if this method is ok, that is to send it in the name of the Hon Judge directly?

thanks................

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : D Seikhar G

is there any provision in law to directly send money to her account and no need to go through this tedious method.

Sweeto.

You want to pay money, pay her, deposit money into her account via wireless transfer.  But keep a statement ready as to you paid money. That is all.

Law does not have any such provision.  Only thing you have to pay her money is what Law sees,

1 Like

A Blank Diary of Life (MD)     10 September 2013

Here i would suggest to deposit the maintenance amount into her bank account directly through cheque and send a photocopy of the pay in slip tothe hon'ble judge of respective court filing up an application form of maintenance through reg.AD. The form will be available in the court.
1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 September 2013

1.    Ask your Advocate to send a A/D Speed Post Letter to her Advocate to share his client’s (i.e your wife’s) banking details facilitating you to regularly abide interim maintenance payment as per Order of the concerned Court via RTGS / NEFT (provided the award is below 50 K., for above 50 K one needs her PAN details !)

2.    Her Advocate may supply the requested info. in-time failing which on next date of hearing in concerned Court which is in another State for the purpose of this brief, show the request Letter's net printout of A/D Speed Post delivery to your wife's advocate that was communicated between parties two Advocates and orally request the same info. to be provided to you / to your Advocate.

3.    No adverse inference and/or agitation either from her side or via her advocate will be taken if above process flow is followed. Rest other methods as advised are cumbersome i.e. bound to be misplaced, Court changes due to transfer of cases and are just ideating replies is my view.

4.    Otherwise so maintenance payments under family laws and or rent payments of land – revenue cases and or costs imposed on litigants OR as the case may be concerning 'payments' are always deposited with Treasury office of the District Court if account details are not known as that is Law in hand which one should know.

[Case progress managment should be kept clean and smooth instead of making each and every process looks like a riddle]

1 Like

fighting back (exec)     11 September 2013

@all....thank you all for your kind replies, appreciate your help

@helping hand, actually i thought of this before, to transfer money through online transfer, however my lawyer says that he had spoken to the opposite lawyer, he says that she does not have a bank account (she is very well hiding it!) so the only option now remains is that of post or MO 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : fighting back

@all....thank you all for your kind replies, appreciate your help

@helping hand, actually i thought of this before, to transfer money through online transfer, however my lawyer says that he had spoken to the opposite lawyer, he says that she does not have a bank account (she is very well hiding it!) so the only option now remains is that of post or MO 

Dont pay her single penny if she does not  have SB account or some bank account.

Kya ukhaadte he dekhlenge.

Without her opening bank account, how can court ask you to pay her money?

Even though court dates you will be going, it does not mean that you have to go pay her money in person at the court.

Its better to change lawyer, your lawyer should have argued that without opening bank account and handing over duplicate pass book to you, you cannot pay her money, and you cannot pay money to court or deposit money in court, as court does not have such provisions to recieve money on behalf of your wife.

So, dont pay her money.  Nothing will happen.  Let her open bank account.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     11 September 2013

Dear Querist

file an application through your lawyer or yourself as you think fit, regarding direction to opposite party to provide bank detail, the court has power to give direction to her(wife) to provide bank detail to deposit the money by husband, till now if any amount is remain upon you, then send the amount via DD or account pay cheque.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register