Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Pandey (Engineer)     19 August 2013

Letter to landlord for recovery of deposit

Dear all,

I want to recover my security deposit from my landlord. Its about one month passed, and my landlord is not returning my money. Please mail me a standard letter (if prepared by any lawyer), which i can post to landlord & demand for my deposit.

Mail ID: himanshu.abes@gmail.com

Thanks,

Himanshu Pandey

+91-7827114220

Learning

6 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     20 August 2013

check ur pm Inbox

abhishek (LLB II yr)     23 August 2013

Dear sir,

Kindly also sent me the format please.

Abhishek Maurya

maurya.abhishek@yahoo.com

2BHelpfull (Other)     24 August 2013

@abhishek

check ur PM Inbox

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     25 August 2013

Normally any party should secure itself by carrying out the acts simultaneously as much as possible.

You should not have vacated the premises and handed over possession if you did not receive the deposit back.

At the least you should have taken a post dated cheque, though that also requires you to file a case under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act but it is much quicker. Best is to take the Demand draft when you handover the possession.

If the landlord were to repay you by writing a letter, he would have done so even on your oral request. Be ready to fight for your money if the other party's intention is different.

S Jadhav

1 Like

Himanshu Pandey (Engineer)     25 August 2013

Hello Sir, I have sent him the letter by registered post AD, so that i can get a receiving. I also mailed the complete situation to CP@delhi, and DSP@particular area. And also i got an acknowledge from commissioner office by mail. They forwarded it to concern area. And the discussions with owners and brokers have been recorded in my mobile. 

Please suggest how i can proceed further regarding this.

Himanshu Pandey

himanshu.abes@gmail.com

+91-7827114220

neha (Associate)     27 February 2014

Can you please forward me draft of the letter, my id is-

koshy.neha@gmail.com

thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register