LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Makkar (NA)     22 August 2013

How to get my documents attested?

Please tell me how can i find a CA/ Gazetted Offer to attest my documents.

I have to join training under a CA and submit an exam application to ICAI. For these purposes i need to get certain documents attested, but i don't know anyone.

Also, please tell is there any fees/charges for attesting documents? Can a Gazetted Officer legally ask for fees to do this?

Learning

7 Replies

Mohammed Sajid Khan (Advocate)     22 August 2013

Among amny others Gaz. Off. You can go to your dist. Block office, C.O. can attest the document, i have done it. No fee being charged for attestation, its free.
1 Like

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     22 August 2013

Since you are submitting application for ICAI, go to any chartered Accountant in your area and they will certainly halp you and attest the forms....Try to develop friendships with CAs...Good Luck

1 Like

Rohit Makkar (NA)     23 August 2013

Thanks to both of you for replying!

Please tell if the officers found in government departments like Delhi Jal Board are Gazetted Officers and if asked, do they attest documents?

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     23 August 2013

Normally gazette Officers hesitate… Approach a CA only
1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 August 2013

for attestation you need to know that person personally if you do not know the person then go to a gazette officer and speak in a polite way as a student and show him the original documents and ask him to sign 

as unknown person will not sign because lot of duplicate certificates are in the market 

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 August 2013

for attestation you need to know that person personally if you do not know the person then go to a gazette officer and speak in a polite way as a student and show him the original documents and ask him to sign 

as unknown person will not sign because lot of duplicate certificates are in the market 

Rohit Makkar (NA)     23 August 2013

Thanks to all of you for your kind guidance!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register