LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gautam (not disclosed)     18 August 2013

Mil not leaving

my wife mom's is staying with us.  I don't want her to stay with me. when i speak to wife or her mother, no use, just refuse to leave. family member intervention is also not helping, what legal options do i have?

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)

are you on rented home or it's your own property?

What she is telling? do she is alone?

it is my own property purchased of my own income post marriage, she too have a house of her own few blocks away and yes she is alone,

(Guest)

If she is alone and old no BIL or FIL of your's then it's your wife who will definately look after her. This is human tendency man i.e a child will not leave his/her parents at any cost.

So,in your situation ask your wife to give importance to both but don't forget her responsibilites towards her husband. If there is problem of privacy or any disputes with your MIL then better shift her into her own home which is near to your home as stated in your query.

Ask your wife to give time in day to her mom when you are at office and give time to you when you return back to home.

try in this way ...as who knows your problem will be solve out humesa k liye !

i tried talking, but she is adamant.

she was not getting along with my parents, and upon her insistence, I shifted to a seperate house leaving my parents alone.

**Victim** (job)     19 August 2013

Can i give you one advice it may sound harsh but u can try if it works. Try to play some mind game here - if your wife really loves you then this should work.

When you come from work just try to sleep on your mother in laws lap and say that u have a headache. Then ask if she had lunch/dinner - Just pay no attention to your wife. It should be just you and your mother in law living in house. There will be some effect on your wife and automatically she will ask you that why you have changed ? Don't say anything just keep on doing this sort of things and one day while you are not at home she will gently tell her mother that  - maa you should go back.

P.S. The above advice given by gentlemen should work if it doesn't then come again. Legal step should be last possible option.

Reformist !!! (Other)     19 August 2013

Legal advice is that if that house is in yours name, you may file civil injunction suit and do record her statements that she will not leave this house......do video or audio recording. she cant stay in ur house forcibly...........

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     19 August 2013

talk to your wife and say that if your mother does not leave then you will leave and see for one week and the also if she is not leaving then go for vacation for a week and contact your wife that if she is not leaving then you wont come back 

No way buddy, do not go to any vacation as they may file a DV case anytime and get restraining order that u shd nt enter the house..............Do not do this mistake.............U can try installing CCTV cameras in home premises and let ur MIL argue when u install the cameras, let her create nuisance and then u may call police 100 no. and get the cameras installed............or get the cameras installed in their absence if they go somewhere for sometime.........

OR Give a key of ur house to ur friend, take ur MIL and ur wife on a outing for 7-8 hours, watch a movie have lunch outside and come back after some shopping ie waste 8-10 hours outside (all of u) and ur friend shd get those CCTV cameras installed at your home in ur absence and once u r back, u will be safe and then file for civil injunction.

Ranee....... (NA)     19 August 2013

Why you don't want your  MIL to stay with you?

If mother were alone and wife refused to stay with her then what would you feel ?

Do one thing, tell your MIL that you have some financial problem so you need money. Why not rent out the MIL's house and they give you the rent ?See the result.If she is staying here to harass you then after your proposal she will leave , if she is helpless cant leave alone then she will agree .

no they can even count ur this act of asking rent.... as a demand of dowry........

(Guest)

@ querist,

So you want to make your MIL go out of your house and even want your wife to listen you.

ok, Bro..then following are the hook and crook methods,by which they will be puzzled in such way that they will either sudhar jayeinge or they will leave you tension free for ever.

1. Try to go and live at your MIL house leaving your wife to become lesbian.

2. From there file RCR giving the address of such particular home of your MIL.

3. Even living in your MIL house,file injunction suite on her stating that your wife and MIL had made you to live away from your own home and emotionaly and by blacmailing led you to live at MIL home on rent.

4. As, all above are civil suites so no need to worry for any hanky panky from court.

Reasoning:

1. filing RCR from your mother in law house will proove that your wife and MIL intensionaly ruined your conjugal life,and made you to live away from her ,as you tried every thing but they didn't listened you.

2. Filing civil suite on injunction on your MIL will be the proof for above RCR (supporting the proof that she is the only creature who fled from her own home to your home and ruined your mariage with the consent of your wife).

3. By filing both cases your will be benefited like anything as if she refuse to join you at your MIL home then your RCR will be boosted and if she joins you there then your petty MIL will go to hell as it will be prooved that you have been made to go out from your own home by non other than your MIL.

So,my brother think in a Mentos way----------- Jo dimag ki Batti Jala de.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2013

your wife has a duty to maintain her. She can do so only with your help.

1 Like

Reformist !!! (Other)     22 August 2013

No way, ur help is never required to maintain her mother......she can be maintained in the house nearby but there is no obligation tat u have to keep ur MIL in ur house.....Act accordingly....

gautam (not disclosed)     30 September 2013

despite wellwisher intervention, MIL refuses to leave. wife is ready for divorce but not filing for it first. she does not have grounds for filing divorce(i know she can invent dv, etc), can i take an injunction order against mil and encourage her to file divorce. if she files false complaint then doesn't that create ground of divorce without alimony.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register