LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sri (Research Student)     14 August 2013

Issue on purchased property

My father acquired a property from his paternal uncle (no more alive) for a rs of 8000 before 30 years. For which we registered the deed on my fathers name. Now, the sellers daughter (only child alive) claims that the property was acquired by cheating from her father. With the same property my father obtained mortgage loan twice after obtaining EC from registrars office. If she files a case against our property will the case stand in court and if we can prevent her from filing such a case, what should be done prior?

Learning

5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     14 August 2013

have ur father transferred all revenue documents in his name,in these 30 years,. they cannot do anything, if at all they do something they are going to fight losing battle. PROVIDED if your father had not bought ancestor property from that parental uncle.

1 Like

Sri (Research Student)     14 August 2013

Thank you Mr Raghavan for your timely reponse.

Ya ofcourse property has been transferred on my fathers name, I mentioned that we even got a mortgage loan from a bank, which is only possible if the property is on my father's name. In addition we have paid the property tax on my father name, water tax and electricity bill.

With all these evidence it confirms that the property is on my fathers name. Since we are constructing a house on that site will it be possbile for them to get a stay-order to stop the construction. If so shall we stop them from obtaining stay by any means.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 August 2013

u didnot answer me was it a ancestor property ur father had bought?

Sri (Research Student)     15 August 2013

NO it was not an ancestral property.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 August 2013

answering ur question if they file any case against you,SHE CANNOT, based on your statement. On what grounds she is claiming that her father was cheated had to seen only on  scrutiny of documents.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register