LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sheetal (nil)     20 July 2013

Change of surname of child

I am delhi resident and divorced this year . i have 7 year kid and want to add my surname, we have seperated since my child took birth after nine months we were sepertated. he is going school but not using any surname, but in future what is the procedure to use my surname to his name.and one important thing ..Is mother name is accepted in CBSE and College admissions ??
,although my husband took visitation rights and he has done second marraige and child from second marraige....

At present i dont know whereabouts of  ex-husband

plz reply 

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 July 2013

Yes.Mother surname also is allowed now.

1 Like

sheetal (nil)     22 July 2013

i am not getting , pleae keep in plain words sir.....

sheetal (nil)     25 July 2013

what is the pocedure to change my son surname as on birth certificate ex husband surname is written , as of now he is not in contact with us to change son surname what is the procedure to follow , we are residing in delhi,  please suggest

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     25 July 2013

Get an affidavit of the change of the name of the child on stamped paper duly attested by Ist class Magistrate.  Next, get a notification published in the official gazette and also one leading newspaper.  Get the sufficient copies of affidavit, gazette publication and newspaper advertisement.  Give application to the school informing the change of the name of the child and request them to change the record as per new name.  Yes, a child has got every right to keep his mother's surname and there is no prohibition for that. 

1 Like

sheetal (nil)     26 July 2013

sir please guide which official gazette and which leading newspaper to be used

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register