LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sdertyuuood (consultant)     15 July 2013

Dowry

I married a girl who is not my caste. My wife is getting harassed by my brother and his relatives to bring extra dowry. She already gave 2 lakhs in cheque into the account of my brother. 

Can I file a criminal case on relatives

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 July 2013

Dowry receiver and payer both are accused in the eye of the law. Think about it. Better settle the matter within family members is my suggestion to avoid future matrimonial relations.

sdertyuuood (consultant)     15 July 2013

They are not coming for settlement

How to get back the money given.

Can i file case as gifts given and that should be belongs to wife

can I have your contact number, sir

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 July 2013

TK,

It is your wife who is being harased. Or is it some dispute of property between you brothers?

Don't try to misuse the law against your brothers for settlement of property dispute.

If the wife is harassed, take a seperate residence and lead a happy life with her.

Shonee Kapoor

www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
2 Like

srk (Service)     17 July 2013

Hi Mr.Ramachary,

what you have said is absolutely correct "Dowry receiver and payer both are accused in the eye of the law" but dont you think that is only limited to law books, i have never encountered one case in this whole site where they mentioned that a case was filed for giving dowry. do we have to wait until the 498a is closed in order to file a case on wife and her family for giving dowry U/s D 3 and 4

i would be thankful to you if you can shed some light on this.

TK-- dude you will end up in the same place you are planning to send you brother to, family is very sacred, if you cant live along as Mr.Shonee has mentioned get out of there and live happy. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register