LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavitra Prabhakar (MBA)     12 July 2013

Witness is not coming

wife is not turning up forher cross examination in 498a trail court ..... almost a year is wasted . Please suggest what to do ?

Learning

12 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 July 2013

If she is avoiding the cross examination her chief wont be considered.  Press for the order " evidence closed"

1 Like

Ad Amjad Ali (Advocate )     13 July 2013

If your wife is not coming for examination in chief and cross examination, You have advantage to prove that blames are baseless. As Rajiv advised, submit an application for evidence closed order.The court may pronouce ex party  judgement in this case

1 Like

k.kumar raja (advocate)     13 July 2013

both are correct

1 Like

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     13 July 2013

Agreed with the experts

Pavitra Prabhakar (MBA)     13 July 2013

thanks to all experts for your valuable advices ,

here one more thing I want to be explained that  if  her testimony is  discredited then  how it will be helpful to me and to my cause.

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     13 July 2013

the case will be closed in your favour.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 July 2013

The failure of giving her evidence the court will take a conclusion, that she is telling all lies and her facts are false.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2013

agreed with experts above.

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     14 July 2013

you should pray to court for closing your wife s evidence

Pavitra Prabhakar (MBA)     14 July 2013

thanks to all

on next hearing i will do as you all have suggested

Rajaramana RV (Employee)     15 July 2013

You need to file the evidence closed order as soon as possible or this case will go on for a long time. Has your lawyer not advised already to close this case. Let us know if any other witnesses have come to argue against you. Then the eveidence might go on. What is the PP saying - why is the case getting extended. Post what happens on your next hearing here with the above points so that you can get swift justice.

1 Like

Pavitra Prabhakar (MBA)     16 July 2013

next date of hearing is 6 august, after that i will share with you what happened to my application

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register