LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi sharma (Srvice)     18 August 2009

Succession

My father has taken housing loan for carrying out further construction in his house from a PSU Bank. The house was in the name of my mother and my father was a co borrower. My father could not repay his debts and now after the death of my father, mother and gaurentor the bank has served me, my brother and sister  the notice to repay the loan( the bank has already auctioned the house). Do in any way we are liable to repay this debt

Learning

4 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     18 August 2009

1- Your Father is Co - Borrower alogn with your Mother ( owner of the House ) and Guarantors  are also there .

2- Your Father Died , You - wife, sons & Dauthers are laible to pay the due amount as lrs of Your father ( Mother personally  - as Co Borrower  is liable to pay th due amount )

3- The House is auctioend - it is not clear - ?

4- After Sale of the House for the balance due , the Notices are issued -- ?

5- Details be mentioned -?

1 Like

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     18 August 2009

Mr. Ravi Sharma

Your querry is not clear as stated by Learned Expert Mr.Vishweshwar Rao

But one thing is sure.  Children are liable to repay the debts of the parents as per law. 

1 Like

(Guest)

I think children are liable to the extent of the property inherited from the borrower parent.  Children would not be liable to pay out of their own earnings.  If I am wrong kindly correct me

1 Like

Ravi sharma (Srvice)     20 August 2009

1- Your Father is Co - Borrower alogn with your Mother ( owner of the House ) and Guarantors  are also there . YES father a co borrower as mother does not had any major source of income...   House in the name of mother..... gauranters are there....

2- Your Father Died , You - wife, sons & Dauthers are laible to pay the due amount as lrs of Your father ( Mother personally  - as Co Borrower  is liable to pay th due amount ) how it can be when i am not a party to the loan contract and i hav also not inherited anything from my parents....

3- The House is auctioend - it is not clear - ? House ws sealed and auctioned...

4- After Sale of the House for the balance due , the Notices are issued -- ? balance due ...yes...  did not received notices   but summon for subsitution of our names in the case already going on after 2 yrs...

5- Details be mentioned -?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register