Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cpsoni (SSE)     31 May 2013

Want to divorce my wife

Hi,

This is Chandra from Indore. I have been married since last 4 years and we have a 1.5 year old son. But from the day one my married life is not going smooth. Every 3rd or 4th day we have a fight and then it continues till only i end it. as my wife is very egoistic and she never feel sorry for anything, infact she never thinks that in any fight it's her fault as a result our cold war continues till i end it. But recently it is worsening as she started threatening me that if i don't do as she says she will commit suicide. So ultimately I have to do whatever she says.

She even doesn’t let me to meet my parents at their place as they do not live with us, nor she wants to visit them at my place. Whenever they want to come at our place, she started fighting and abusing my parents.

I have talked about this to her parents but they are also same. They threatened me to beat me and file dowry case against me. My life is like hell now, as I am not living my life as I wanted but living as only she wants.

Please suggest me on this. Thanks in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     31 May 2013

take her to a marriage consuellor there may be some solution because you have a 1.5 years kid and you should take the kid

may be some hectic situations arise out of egoistic but some one has to calm down so that the problem does not go prolong but in your case even you cannot meet your parents is very disgusting and about you in laws are also same as your wife

first make all meet in one place and decide what to do if the situation is same then decide for the broad step divorce with there consent and approach court 

1 Like

Thank you so much sir for your swift reply. i will do as you said, but i am little worried that if it ends in filing for a divorce and it will be mutual as i already said she is very egoistic and if i go for divorce she will also say yes, then what will happen for our child custody, maintenance etc? as my in laws are very powerful and they will take my child's custody , is it possible in this case that once in a year say for 2-3 months my kid stay with me?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : cpsoni

Thank you so much sir for your swift reply. i will do as you said, but i am little worried that if it ends in filing for a divorce and it will be mutual as i already said she is very egoistic and if i go for divorce she will also say yes,

Q: then what will happen for our child custody, maintenance etc?

A:  as my in laws are very powerful and they will take my child's custody

Q:  is it possible in this case that once in a year say for 2-3 months my kid stay with me?

A:  Depends on what conditions you put and whether or not your wife accepts it in the GAW case.

My advice would be, ask for visitation rights in GAW case, which you will get.  letting go off the kid would be a added advantage to you if you want to remarry.,

1 Like

Thanks a ton Sir.

yes you are right but there are two things which i wanted to say.

1. i love my son very much and could not afford to live without him but i know i will not get his custody, so i am just making up my mind.

2. after facing lots of troubles in my 4 year old marriage, and viewing similar threads here, frankly i am now scared of marriage.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : cpsoni

Thanks a ton Sir.

yes you are right but there are two things which i wanted to say.

1. i love my son very much and could not afford to live without him but i know i will not get his custody, so i am just making up my mind.

2. after facing lots of troubles in my 4 year old marriage, and viewing similar threads here, frankly i am now scared of marriage.

Look, marriage does not come with a lifetime gaurantee.

Sometimes things dont work, and they stay like that even after trying, so dont feel guilty, living single life is not that easy thing.

Love for your son, wil only become baggage for your life, I mean whatever is remaining of it, so make up your mind, move on in ilfe.  Leave the son at egoistic 

wife and get visitation rights.

Today you might say so that no belief in marriage.  You have to believe in marriage inspite of the fact that your marriage failed, for the only reason that your elders/parents are still married to each other.

Good luck, keep in touch about your case.

Mukesh (Data Entry Operator)     31 May 2013

what is no action complain? how it file?

cpsoni (SSE)     04 June 2013

yes. please let us know what is no action complaint and what it does and procedure to file it.

also i am suspecting 498a if i go for divorce as my in laws are all egoistic and they have already given some sort of signs about it. so please suggest me how to prepare for it and is there any way i can prevent my parents from it. please not that they don't live with us, and after my marriage they could manage hardly to visit my place only twice(in 4 year of marriage) because of my wife's behaviour.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register