LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     15 May 2013

Witness statement

I am charged in a case of 420,471 IPC in CBI Court for using false and forged ST certificate.  I have faith that i used the certificate bonafidely as it was given me by my parents.  My father is no more but mother is alive. Trial court is taking time to record statement/witness of prosecution. My mother is old lady and therefore i want to record her statement on affidavit. 

I want to know that trial court accepts it i.e. affidavit or not as statement of witness in future? or what should i do for my safety for the record of my mother's witness in my favour?

Learning

8 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     15 May 2013

you can file the evidence by way of affidavit

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     15 May 2013

Dear Rajinder,

unless prosecution evidence is closed you cannot give defense evidence. You must file application under section 294 Cr.P.C and then file affidavit wherein your mother will state that they have given the certificate to you.

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate

bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     16 May 2013

Thank you very much but i was meant that in any mishappening to the life of my mother, can i use her statement (obtained in affidavit) in future in court? will this be treated as witnees/evidence?

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     16 May 2013

Dear Rajinder,

Your mother statement was also recorded by CBI during Investigation. Take help of RTI Act as they must not have filed the statement with chargesheet wherein she had specifically gave statement in your favour. Get that copy that will be of your great help. 

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

1 Like

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     17 May 2013

Thank you very much. no one gave me this idea before. not even my lawyer. My lawyer is so confused that half of the case is over but still could not understand the matter and every day he frustated me with his irresponsible arguments with me.  i have changed my lawyer once already and have not so money in pocket to change them every time.  he has lost the appeal u/s 482 in high court with his poor arguments.

Can i believe in trail court ability that it would decide case with its own mind? or i should try one time in Supreme court through SLP?

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     19 May 2013

Dear Rajinder Kumar, you are concentrating on your own evidences.  Let  us see what the prosecution puts evidence agianst you and on what documents they are relying.  

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     19 May 2013

Matter in nutshell is that my mother belongs to tribal community of HP and I passed 8th, 10th (1984) from that district but father hails from OBC of Punjab. My parents gave us a ST certificate in 1983 dated 16-11-1983 and i got a job in EPFO on this base. on Enquiry, SDM wrote in 2006 that ST certificate issued wrongly by them as father is NON-ST in 1983 and ST certificate can not be given to non- ST father's offspring. Same view was expressed by DC of the area in a letter in 2007. CBI initiated enquiry after Delhi high court order in some case in 2009. FIR was registered u/s 120b, 177,420,468,471,474 which was based upon SDM letter, 2006. CBI made final report u/s 420,471 in panchkula, haryana only saying i used false/forged ST certificate. They produced a circular of HP govt of the year 1986 in this regard which is explanatory in nature about status of offsprings saying denial of giving ST certificate if father is non-ST. but did not produce in their final report u/s173, the circular of HP govt and circular of Home Ministry, New Delhi of the year 1975-77 in this regard in which it was said that ST certificate can be given to offsprings of mixed parentage. They also produced the issuance register of 1983 in which no entry found of my ST certificate. They sent handwriting expert the specimen signature as are in 2010 of the then SDM  and not of the year 1983. Expert said no view can be taken on it. SDM has given statement that his signatures are not genuine in the certificate but also given statement in trial court that he can not recall the circular of 1975-77! moreover, i think that SDM statement is not corrobarated with handwriting expert report so it is a weak evidence about forgery.

I think, Supreme Court view in Civil Appeal no. 654 of 2012[2012)3SCC400] is in my favour. Moreover, I used the certificate bonafidely as given by my parents and i used community of one of my parents and not of any other person. There is no witness/proof that I used the ST certificate knowing that it was false/forged. Then how can I be charged by section 420,471? Mens rea is absent if I am not a part of conspiracy. We have filed a writ petition in HP high court in 2011 which is still pending but CBI is not a party in it. Now tell me what to do now?

After framing of charges in Special CBI court in panchkula, we challanged it in session court but my lawyer withdrew it with consent of session court as session court declined to accept some new papers/judgements etc which were not in final report of CBI.

We filed petition in punjab & haryana high court u/s482 which was dismissed as in following words by court:-

IN THE HIGH COURT OF PUNJAB & HARYANA AT CHANDIGARH

Crl. Misc. No. M-14030 of 2013 (O&M) Date of decision: 01.05.2013

Rajinder Kumar ...Petitioner Versus Central Bureau of Investigation ..Respondent

CORAM: HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE MEHINDER SINGH SULLAR Present: Mr. Robin Dutt, Advocate, for the petitioner. **** Mehinder Singh Sullar, J. (Oral)

After arguing the matter for some time, when this Court was not inclined to exercise its jurisdiction, under Section 482 Cr.P.C., to quash the instant case registered against the petitioner, by the C.B.I, vide impugned FIR (Annexure P-2), containing direct and serious allegations, for the commission of offences punishable under Sections 420, 474, 177 and 468 read with Section 471 IPC, then learned counsel intends to withdraw the instant petition to enable the petitioner to take/urge all the points contained in it at the appropriate stage of the trial. Dismissed as withdrawn, with the aforesaid liberty, as prayed for.

May 01, 2013 (Mehinder Singh Sullar)

It is evident from the above judgement of the high court that case was not explained clearly to them and they were unable to understand the case( because hon'ble judge is saying that charges are serious  and direct in the FIR but did not comment on final report of CBI which is only for sections 420,471.)

Rajinder Kumar (ऐसा)     22 May 2013

Please reply me soon if you want to say somthing.  I am waiting eagerly.........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register