LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sarika (njgvcg)     09 May 2013

Will

My mother passed away few days back, she was living with my brother in his house & in her WILL she has written that her jewellery will be mine [she had also written total cost of her jewellery] but now my brother is not giving my mother's jewellery  to me! WILL is with me & it is notarized.....WHAT TO DO?

Learning

10 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 May 2013

1.    You can claim it via Court

2.    Hire services of an advocate found via reference for the same.

3.    What is your city location name to check if Probate case is necessary or not in reference to context.

1 Like

Girish (Senior Manager Operations)     09 May 2013

u dont bite a dog when it bites u - LOL!

sarika (njgvcg)     14 May 2013

Pls anyone guide me what to do as my brother is already very well to do and above all that was my mother's wish, it's very important for me to full fill her wish and teach lesson for cheating to my brother

sarika (njgvcg)     14 May 2013

of course if my brother is cheating me and my dead mother and her wish, I do want to take him to court and fullfill my mother's wish as my brother is very well to do a billionnaire. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 May 2013

@ Lady

As already said earlier;

1. Hire an Advocate found via reference practicing in your city’s District Court is first step. If have no idea how to find one then visit with relative / friend District Court Legal Services Center and present your case before them and they will suggest advocates as duty bound.

2. The Advocate will made
make application for probate of will.

3. The Advocate will calculate court fees payable and do the needful.

If your late mother left family silver behind for you then it is yoru rightful rights to claim them from heirs of hers or equivalent amount whichever the case as they turn out to be via a probate case is my view.

1 Like

sarika (njgvcg)     18 May 2013

thanks........ /////////

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     19 May 2013

ppl,

one should get what lawfully belongs to ownself...

sarika (njgvcg)     20 May 2013

Will is safe with me because my mother was educated and know that better to keep that with me so that after her there should be no problem. She was staying with my brother only.

sarika (njgvcg)     20 May 2013

Will is safe with me because my mother was an educated lady and kept will with me so that after her there should be no problem. She was staying with my brother.

kamal (Advocate)     21 April 2014

Hi Sarika,

Is there any evidence alive, then talk with them to say infavour of you at court, if not alive try to tally and prove their signature with their family members(**postal letters which you received from them,written note books with their family members etc.,) that its genuine while at court.

The ball is in your court.

All the best,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register