LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anuj (MIS North Zone)     09 May 2013

Wife's family & Brother-in-law is harrasing me and my family

I am married since Mar 2009. after some times my wife was misguided , mislead by her parents especially her Brother – in –Law provoking her to take me away from my family. my wife starts quarrling with my mon knowingly to get me pressurised. Her brother-in-Law, father and mother were continuously in touch with her during her stay with me provoking her rubbishly. Now she left home with her Brother –in – law with all her belongings on 11 april 2013 by putting a wrong charge and is currently staying with her Brother-in-Law and her parents came to our home with some peoples giving us threat to put us under 498A case or to settle with an amount of Rs. 10 Lakhs . I want to live with her but they are putting their boundation in front of us.

I can live with her but only i want that if she also wants to live me she has to leave her family for whole life giving in written statement. so that we can live happly without any tension..Please provide suggestion

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 May 2013

1.    Wait and watch developments.

2.    Record developments and arrange witnesses as and when conflict events take place.

3.    Partner is not a child not to make decisions in life for the better of matrimonial harmony. Though metro women needs supportive spouse but support is always two way ticket with carrot and stick social handling. You cannot put such conditions as in your last few lines.

4.    Least to least you can draft 2 page crisp narration of chain of events leading to her removal without consent from matrimonial home before jurisdiction police and pray for re-union and/or sending couple for counseling which is part of police duties to citizens. Take General Diary receiving / stamped / signed of such application from police. Failing inaction from police proceed to district court mediation centre with same plea of help.

5.    Prepare for marital breakdown eventualities understanding such gender behavior from head and not from heart and start to lookout to engage an advocate on retainership basis found via reference from now on.  

6.    Be in friendly books of your wife’s older sister as she is the one who will not like her marriage to be broken by her younger sister and may give prompt yuou on and off with inside information.

1 Like

(Guest)

^ ^ ^

Good advice by Tajobs

Anuj (MIS North Zone)     09 May 2013

Dear All,

thanks for the Advise

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 May 2013

“What if GOD never meant you two to be together!”

Now who you think should reply to above quote?

KIRAN (O)     09 May 2013

I am going through the similar situation.

I got married in June 2008.  We got a baby girl in Feb 2009. Before marriage my in laws told they have their family business of Mfg. ladies clip. But after marriage as i use to visit my in laws i got to know they have lied. On the same month of marriage my wife got a call from the person, from whom she also had taken money (25K) on behalf of her father for engagement expenses. They took money which i had to settle (in part).

In the third month (after marriage) my bro-in-law who is lives in Ahmedabad, called my wife and is asking money (20K) from her for his personal reasons.(Bank statement avbl.)  Same month my mom-in-law send my wife her lapsed policy because premium is not paid. It was the second year of the policy. So, to renew the same,  i had to pay the said premium along with with penalty and interest for the same. (Docs. avbl.) to avoid loss of 1st premium paid.

My in laws kept on bothering my wife every now and then, but i was thinking they r talking with her, has she is newly wed and has come to my house, must be missing her family members.

After my baby's delivery, i did best possible to take care both my wife and child. (My mother passed 22 years back. I am living with my dad and bro). By the time my baby became 11 months, my wife with the reason that she wants to go to her mothers house for two weeks or so, left my house on Jan 2010 and later kept on avoiding to come back. My mom-in-law and bro-in-law had come to take her.

I told elders of our community, we had arranged meeting and they (elders) told her that after marriage you should be taking care of your husband and family and your elder brother is more responsible to take care of your parents along with your younger sister.  My wife says my parents have brought and so i want to take care of them.

Now, my wife and in-laws insists, i should come and stay with them near my in-laws house, but i told them my business and family is here and coming and staying far off is not the right solution. After repeated efforts asking her to join our family, she is not ready and my in-laws have been poisoning her continuously not to even talk to me on phone or avoid any mode of communication with me. They did not even allow me to meet my daughter.

In March 2011 she filed CRPC 125 ...at the time of evidence i have given her Bank's current account statement and her course certificate along with Vehicle Information (RTO cert.) the new scooty she purchased.

She filed petition that she is sitting at home and doing nothing and is helpless and living starvation life and alleged that i am not asking her whereabouts nor asking for my baby. But, contrary to her statement i submitted that she has started travel business since September 2010 and filed the case in March 2011 giving false declaration and taken false oath. Hope it is a clear case of Perjury ...(I want more suggestions on that). My case is on the last step of ARGUMENT to be held in June. 

Later, Feb 2012 she filed DV case on me and my 69 years old father who since October has got cheek tumor/cancer and is in his last stage(4th stage). Dr. have clearly told he will not survive for long as his situation is grave. I applied under sec. 21 of DV Act for access to meet my daughter and JFMC granted me permission to meet my daughter in my in-laws house where my wife is residing.Order also states that there is nothing on record to say that such meeting is harmful for applicant or child.

On Sunday i went to meet my daughter at 1 pm but with the help of some crooked people they made criminal conspiracy against me and when i went to my in-laws place with the courts order they did not allow me to meet my daughter and said whatever you want you do, we will not allow you. I called police station and immediately visited to complain that my in-laws are doing contempt of court in spite of the order. (Police station is just 5 minutes by rickshaw).

After 15 - 20 minutes my sis-in-law and mom-in-law came to police station and falsely alleged that i molested my sis-in-law and filed IPC 354 against me. I was locked and next day on Monday by paying Rs. 2000 got the bail. Recently i went on the courts date and got to know in a week time i will get my chargesheet as it is under printing.

Kindly help me as they are playing havoc in my life and spoiling my daughters life also.  Applied for change of place for meeting my daughter, but the application was rejected due to the circumstances.Court says you can apply the appropriate forum for custody of your child i.e. to meet her on weekends or so. 

Please provide possible suggestion for the same.

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     08 July 2013

If you feel your wife does not want to continue with you without reasons

take your baby back and settle matter as soon as possible out of court

Marital problems if dragged too long, will not be good for your and child's future.

Surendra reddy (Proprietor)     24 October 2013

Dear friends My life is very sad I don't know how to express. My pain I hail from a small agri family and I studied with my own hard work and came up this stage With starving I put my efforts to give education to my children I had two children son and daughter both are software engineers married and settled at USA Wright from beginning my wife Not care me not looking me not give any respect being as a husband she is totally money minded and she is stolen my all cash and assets and she supporting to his brother Now funny thing my children also supporting to my wife they forgotten all my life how I gave education to my children Recently when both children came to India all three ie two children and my wife. Harassing and demanding to write all my self earned property on my son name and daughter name I said after my die only I can give But all. 3 persons went police station and filed 498 A against me Oh god this age I am help less to do anything I had property all is my self earned property now my wife left and staying with children's. and children's not talking not calling How I brought them how I gave education how I perform marrying both how I support to reach this stage and went to USA Now I am in totally dark now I am 53 years I last hopes to live I am mentally upset I decided to commit suicide Pl help us pl advise me pl support me. Not finance. I want. Support. Mentally I have enough money I want this balance life to live peacefully Now I am facing court case against 498 A Pl help us how to come out this court case My contact. Cell. 09440272197 Email surendrareddyv@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register