LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

technocrat (service)     02 May 2013

Trasnsfer of sra-slum from maternal grandmother to my mother

My maternal grandmother died, who was owner of slum room which is under SRA for redevlopement. My mother, father & me are leaving with maternal grand mother for past 30 years & have names of all in ration card.

After death of maternal grandmother, I want to transfer slum room to my Mother's name in SRA/MHADA. My grandmother had made Will as well as affidavit decalring my mother as sole owner for the room. But our slum SRA committee is telling that we will need succession certificate & other documents to get it transfered to my mother's name & demanding Rs.50,000 or more. Is it true? How should I get transfered the slum room in SRA books to my mother's name? Pls help as this amount is huge for us.

Learning

6 Replies

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     02 May 2013

If your maternal grandmother expired leaving a will you should approach court for getting a probate of the will. On the basis of the probate the needful may be done.
1 Like

technocrat (service)     02 May 2013

What are the different procedures & charges that I have to go & pay through. Can you please give me any rough idea? Will it cost 50k for a slum room?

Please contact a local lawyer, getting a probate is not a costly affair. It should cost much less than 50K. The procedure of probate is same irrespective of the cost of the property.

Please contact a local lawyer, getting a probate is not a costly affair. It should cost much less than 50K. The procedure of probate is same irrespective of the cost of the property.

technocrat (service)     03 May 2013

Thanks for your reply sir.

My mother is only daughter & notorised WILL as well as Affidevit is on her name giving her ownership. But still we need to go for probate? There are no other legal heirs & we all were staying with her. Electricity bill is also on my mother's name.

Also if suppose probate is compulsory & hence obtained, what will be next procedure to get name transfer done in SRA?

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     03 May 2013

The probate is necessary and on the basis of the probate the property would be transferred.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register