LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet (Victim)     30 April 2013

Soon wife going to get share in husbands inherited property

Soon all husbands are going to get screwed.

Just read this news

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Government-bid-to-give-wives-inherited-property-share/articleshow/19791052.cms

Now what are the remedies available if this becomes a law.Why they are after husbands inherited property but never talks about girls inherited property as after marriage the girl never gets any share from her parents and is thrown out like a liability.

Learning

17 Replies

Gaurav (consultant)     30 April 2013

We wont let it happen.

After legal terrorism, its legal extortion now.

No way it should become a law.

Puneet (Victim)     30 April 2013

Gauravji you cannot do anything because Indian men are busy in blogging and crying on forums but none of them come out in public to protest whereas women are protesting on street and getting media attention.

The only option available is to convert your religion and give up Hinduism and this is also what government want to destroy Hindu religion.

fighting back (exec)     30 April 2013

right said puneet.

I wanted to know, if this becomes a law, will it have a retrospect effect, or only on cases which are filed from nowonwards??

Nitin (Law)     30 April 2013

Guys the remedies available are

* Transfer all your peoperty to your mothers or sisters name.

* Convert to Islam or Christianity.

The option with parents disowing their son does not go well as still the Hindu Succesion act applies.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     30 April 2013

the property ineherited between the legal heirs from now a new share holder will also acqire if the bill is accepted

fighting back (exec)     30 April 2013

@need justice...if you transfer your property to your parents or brother or sister. how will it not work? by transfering property you are reliquishing your rights on that property .

i differ in your opinion. hope the other experts give their view.

Nitin (Law)     30 April 2013

Why you people are getting so much worried

No one has rights on your parents property as long they are alive.Also property owned by grandparents is inherited by your father which you inherit after death of your parents.

The property owned by your parents is theirs and they can make a Will whom it should go after their death or they can even give it as gift to any orphanage.So your wife cannot claim anything unless you are not claiming it.

Gaurav (consultant)     30 April 2013

Originally posted by : Need Justice

@ no pain no gain

read carefully. As per the lines given in the ammendment, transfer to parents wont work bcoz it still remains inheritable. bt tranfer to siblings will work.

I have trnasferred my property to my father few weeks back.

B*tch has not filed any cases. She is loading her bullets. May fire soon.

Till the time parents are alive, can she touch that property.

I think inheritence fact will not come into picture till parents are alive ?

Am I correct?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 April 2013

Observation:-
Hindu Marriage Act is Amendment LABORATORY that is the cost one pays for being born as HINDU.  
I pity other religion’s spouses Personal Laws they now have tough times to catch up with HMA
J  

Remedy:
Opt status of
Ghar Jamai

Reasoning:
Relinquish deed inheritance share to your family members name before marriage. Marry  then, oh yes why not marry – why live life of bachelor – why opt for surrogacy – why risk time pass in live-in; I suggest do marry it is safe now with this last amendment we are going to see in our lifetime!. After FIL’s death who will inherit his properties; you two as once you install yourself as Ghar Jamai everyday talk to your FIL on merits of making a Will just like what a metro wife does the moment she enters matrimonial home (she asks for kicking your parents or registering their property in your name or her name - righto!) and side by side in current metro marriages, like a metro wife leaves matrimonial home any fine day in pretext of her natal family function or sickness you have liberty to do same too on and off taking your FIL’s car with you (like what she does to you – does she not take your moms jewllery also with her!) and then it will be your FIL who will be calling you daily – sending mediators to you to come back r/w FIL will be forced to make partition of his property to make arrangements for comfortable stay of his Ghar Jamai and daughter as it is obvious he cannot kick out now his daughter as society will say something na further r/w if your old folks need roof over their head just like what does today’s metro wife demands for her parents from you the day she enters your home, same you can demand from your FIL from day one to give your old folks roof or give daily threat that you are leaving status of Ghar Jamai. While staying in FIL's home as Ghar Jamai you can work in your IT / ITES cushion jobs why not and send money to your home same what a working metro wife does while living with you in your home hai ki nahi. If you have G/f talk to her in night time whole living as Ghar Jamai; I mean does not a metro wife talk to her b/f while living in your home?. I mean, to tell you now are these not the arguments (oops facts) you people tell us to give legal remedy upon!!! I also like to ask each one of you repliers what is wrong being Ghar Jamai and why it is your below dignity??? That means you are still living in feudal mindset the moment you bring some arguments to me on demerits of Ghar Jamai.

Recall; is ‘false’ dowry demand not each one of your storyline here! By being Ghar jamai that IPC section FIL will never advise her daughter to use ever, so you and your cardiac or ortho sick folks back home never ever need to worry about going to jail – no AB – no Bail worries ever. Another story you challenge everyday here is on maintenance – ability – educated metro wife blah blah and beat each other with best citations and one more citations etc. etc. – right! While living as Ghar jamai do you expect her to tell Court that give me maintenance ? I mean does that not require one more amendment for maintenance Laws of the land collectively J The beauty in reference here is that under HMA you can ask for maintenance from your wife right under nose of your FIL kicking her to fan out and find work from her father’s home and able bodied concept that is currently only seen by judges for all India men will then be seen apt applicable for all these metro wives. What now is left; child custody, oh common does a metro wife not leave home to her natal home with YOUR child in pretext of tying rakhi or attending some natal home festival keepign you in dark for ages? Same you get opportunity to do now via dumb charade of these amendments i.e. taking your own child to your folks place any fine sunny day and now let her run to GWA / DV Courts seeking custody - visitation and BTW do you recall status quo word / phrase, that is what will be maintained now in favor of you? J You see this Bengali concept of Ghar jamai is best concept for pan India applicability which Hindu men living in other metros have never heard it seems to me J How? In her own home right under her father’s eye will she now allege you did verbal abuse – mental abuse – health abuse – dream abuse - physical abuse etc. ect. Or that killer R-T-R (right to residence) as per DV Act? Are not various ld. Jstc. Of HC’s said that it is highly improbable that a husband will travel long distance to go to his wife’s home to beat her up when she has neighbors and family member to protect her thus quash!!! Recall all those mint fresh citations and golden words and laminate them and take as metro marddhan when adapting to Ghar jamai…….  

I am for such amendments in HMA for one more reason; metro husbands will become from current tabala to bechara (same concept as abala) believe me and do vote with your family / friends / colleagues for such amendments becoming Gazette notified soonest in your life time.

However, all these and much more are possible if you shed your feudal mentality and announce your comfortable arrival for long term stay in 21st. Century THE AMENDED MTERO India shedding your feudal mindset.  

1 Like

(Guest)

^ ^ ^

Dynamite!

Beat them at their own game, adaptablity is the new GO!

Ranee....... (NA)     30 April 2013

very nice idea, specially the idea of GHARJAMAI!

Mango (Consultant)     01 May 2013

Tajobsindia @ Respected sir, I just want to know, how one could opt the status of Ghar Jamai "legally". Lets say, what are the legal requirement one should be fullfilling for "Ghar Jamai". I know, it's a very stupid question but it seems to me the only possible way to save future marriages. I would like to know legally what sort of proofs, husband should have in hand to save himself from any mental/physical curelty in the name of marriage. I am the one who had suffered a lot from mental/physical cruelty after two years of marriage and had bore my estranged wife's inhuman behavior too (scratched me from her long nails and pull out hairs from my legs)...

My parents would not let me die with "single" status and I can't take this inhuman behavior in future. I want to live a peaceful and happy life.... So, could you please elaborate the steps to safeguard myself....

Mango

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 May 2013

In next Women favouyring Legislation, the Indian Parliament with women pressure may pass Law saying  that the husbandf's Liver, Kidney, Heart  and Blood belongs to wife.

1 Like

NGOKC (pm)     02 May 2013

Hello!
I've started the petition "Government of India and all members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha: Save Indian Marriages : Stop the law on marriage amendment bill " and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
Here's why it's important:
If you are a Indian parent of a son or a male who wants to get married and live happily support this petition.
Think tommorow you get married and your wife throws your parents out of their own house and brings her lover to live in this
Think tommorow your wife will decamp with your ancestors entire wealth legally . Read below
Our politicians are creating a one sided law that will reduce indian marriages to prostitution and one sided blackmail.
Both BJP and Congress are hand in glove on this. In fact BJP is demanding that men should lose even more on this
New law proposes that Only Husband's entire residential property regardless of whether it was inherited or acquired pre-marriage be treated as matrimonial asset and half of it must be given to wife on divorce.
The law is unfair
1 ) since today women also earn .
2) Remember today 50% of indian marriages in Cities are ending in divorce , most of these within less than one year and women are initiators on most of these. It is grossly unfair to punish men for divorce they did not want and when marriage is so extremely short
3) This opens doors for blackmail - Even today in India in almost every divorce case women file false criminal charges to extort money from in-laws , this will lead to rise in such instances.
Support this petition, say no to sharing of any pre-marriage property.
Let our illiterate policians know we will not allow our marriages to be trifled with

STOP THIS LAW
You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register