Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chirag Pandya (Director)     19 April 2013

Passport impounded at airport

Dear Experts Panel,

I, Mr Chirag Pandya, aged 31, residing at Jamnagar - Gujarat, was travelling on 11th March 2013 from Mumbai to Barcelona, Spain for my 6 months spanish studies. My passport was impounded by immigration authorities at CSI Airport. The reason stated by them, Passport is under "Lost" Status and I am not allowed to travel on that. They later on sent it to RPO Ahmedabad.

I remember once in 2008/2009 my passport was misplaced by me and I had sent a fax to RPO Ahmedabad regarding the same, after a month or so I had found it from my house only. I had sent another fax to RPO informing them with found details.

Now, its been over 1 month, RPO Ahmedabad is in receipt of my impounded passport for which I have proof but they are not being co-operative at there has been no information given to me by them on further proceedings after atleast 5-6 times personal visits, sending them several fax, emails with details (attaching impound slip issued by immigration authorities/scanned copy of my passport etc..) and I have no information on what's going to happen?? Initially they had told me they will send me a letter which I have never received as of today, and when I visited RPO yesterday they are asking for written application to be submitted (which I had already submitted on 15th of March) and they are refusing to give any sort of acknowledgement of the application which I submit. RPO officers are very rude in their approach and refused to give me any sort of information, as well the enquiry phone numbers/emails/fax (which are provided on passport office website), it never works and never responded.

Kindly advise on what should be done? If there is any formalities which should be done from my side? What would be the proceesing time of the issue to be resolved? As I am a student and I have already failed to start my course on date, lost monies on my tuition/hostel fees/air ticket etc.. and still there is no clear picture of whats coming next>?

Would be great help if you can advise me on clear proceedings? Your attention Much Appreciated.

Chirag Pandya

Learning

14 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.You can make use of RTI with the passport office as why so much delay is being done. You can have the complete information and same can be used for further remedy in court of law under Art 21 of COI.

2.You can also email to higher official regarding your problem.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

1 Like

Chirag Pandya (Director)     19 April 2013

I have sent emails to head officials including appeal authorities in Delhi head office and public information officer based in Delhi. It's been over 3 weeks and no response !!

(Guest)

@Querist,

USE RTI if E-mail way is not entertained.Appeal,thereof,shall lie if not entertained at subseqent stages.For educational purposes you can visit the following link.

https://www.rti.gov.in

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     19 April 2013

1.    Remedy is under Writ jurisdiction locally (High Court of Ahmedabad) and not at Delhi! .

2.    RTI etc. is not beneficial as your purpose was to travel overseas for studies. Focus on it and build a Writ case around it hiring locally in Ahmedabad an Advocate. You will get remedy immediately.

3.    Pray for urgency issue of temp. travel documents so that your studies donot get hampered / able to travel and second pray for release of original Passport and third pray for pecuniary compensation from local RPO annexing old communications (fax) you claim you sent to them years back once discovery of passport at home was made.

1 Like

Chirag Pandya (Director)     22 April 2013

Can you please guide me on temporary travel documentation details? Is it possible?

Chirag Pandya (Director)     22 April 2013

Or is it possible to make an application under "lost passport' ??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2013

you are ebing advised RTI but you are talking of E mail. 

You should seek information on the action taken on your eal;ier e-mail and applications.

1 Like

Chirag Pandya (Director)     02 May 2013

I received a show cause notice by passport office; demanding explaining on commiting illegal act? on affidavite

whats the ideal way to explain myself legally and what to mention in affidavite?

(Guest)

@Question,

Affidavit(Shapath Patra) is an oath that whatever you are saying is true to the best of knowledge.A false affidavit may have legal consequences.

If you have ever involved with an illegal act and for the same if you have been booked so far, make a detail of that. If you have not ever involved with an illegal act for which you have been book,just mention that fact.

Just explain your situation to an advocate who will make an affidavit for you.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2013

Anyone having any sympathy with you should not advise yoiu anything without seeing teh SCN.

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

pls apply another passport stating that your passport is lost..automatically people will respond..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2013

with reference to reply of Ms Priya.  I reiterate.

"Anyone having any sympathy with you should not advise you anything without seeing teh SCN."

So clear you have to meet a lawyer in person

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

I asked to apply for a passport because the passport officers have the details about your passport, the moment u apply for passport, in the psk they will provide all the information about your previous passport. Then they will give a solution to solve your problem. You can even apply for a reissue which could give u solution

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 September 2013

Please seek advise of someone who has seen the SCN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register