Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajandeep Singh Kang (Student)     16 April 2013

Defective vehicle delivered by honda

Hi,

I am Rajandeep Singh. I bought a new Honda Activa on 11th Apr from a authorised dealer. After taking it home i realised the scooter is getting pulled towards left and is wobbling a lot. Next day i went to the dealer with the issue and he guided me towards the workshop. There it was diagnosed that the fork is bent. This can only happen if the vehicle has met an accident or went thorugh a huge shock while carriaging. 

I asked the dealer and the company to replace me with a new vehicle but they arent relenting. And is rather putting the blame on me. I also filed a complaint on online portal of honda. And today in the morning a guy called from their Manesar Plat and threatened me if you keep on filing complaints then our work will not get done.

Can anyone please help me in getting to know some of the rights i have as per Indian Laws. So by taking help of these laws i can get what i deserve by shelling my hard earned money.

Thanks & Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     16 April 2013

As your scooter is in warranty period so you are entitled to get remove the defects or to get replace the same  from both manufacturer and dealer.  Iissue legal notice to both manufacturer of scooter and dealer ask them to replace the defective scooter with new one scooter.If they do not comply with notice then file complaint against both manufacturer and dealer before District Consumer Redressal Forum having jurisdiction.

1 Like

Rajandeep Singh Kang (Student)     16 April 2013

Thanks Sir for your valuable and timely advice. Sir just one more doubt i am having ,the scooter is in warranty and not in guarantee. So am i entitled to get my scooter replaced.

Thanks & Regards!

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     16 April 2013

It is true that your scooter is in warranty period but even then you are entitled to get the replcement.there are so many judgments of Nationan Commission[consumer protection] New Delhi and State Commissions  that if defective piece has been delivered than customer is entitled either to get the same replaced or to get money back. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register