LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     02 August 2009

hindu law

can  illegitimal girls file civil suit for immoveble property .whether they come under co parcener of joint hindu family ?.

Learning

5 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     02 August 2009

u posted the similar query earlier also.

in my opinion an illegitimate child can not claim in the ancestral property, but she/ he can claim  in father's or mother's personal property.

but for one thing i m doubtful whether an illegitmate child can file a suit ro partition?

i think not but would like to c the opinion of other Ld. members.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     03 August 2009

illegtimate child has equal rights and he can claim property for her maintenance.

Regards

Kamal Grover, Advocate (Chandigarh, India)

M: 09814110005

e-mail: adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

charudureja (advocate)     06 August 2009

an illegitimate child does not have any right  in property except that of his/her parents ie he can not claim property of any relation except these two. in the same way illegtimate daugther is not a coparcenor like an illegitmate son hasnt been provided with this right.

an illegitmate child can file a suit for partition only in case the property to belongs to parents otherwise not.

1 Like

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     07 August 2009

Mr Kiran

"There is a saying "where there is a right there is remedy". I Think in Latin it is said" ubi jus ibi remedium"(This is subject to correction of spelling)

Hence any right if not honoured out side a court, then the only option is to resort to suit. The Act, did not prohibit enforcement of a right through a court of law. Hence filing a suit is not prohibited as far as I feel. Any comment?

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     07 August 2009

Dear VSR Ji,

wen a particular suit is not maintainable then do u find it is wise to approach the court.

shall we waste the time of court and money of the litigant....with due respect courts dont work on Morality but as per law.

we are already having a lot of luxurious and frivolous litigation in India, wasting much of the time of the court.

wen a particular right is not available then no remedy i think.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register