Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandha (NIL)     12 April 2013

Returning wife's things

Dear experts,

It has been almost one year since wife left home with all her jewelleries and certificates.

Two months back, her father and brother approached my local police station asking only for her old clothes. They did not ask for the furniture she brought.  I informed the officer that since I expect my wife back, there is no point in taking her clothes. I also informed the officer that I am interested in living with her if she comes back. Though the officer compelled me that I should go personally to bring her, I did not go. 

Now, it has been more than two months since the police station episode. Now, I want to shift to my native place as I am joining my uncle in his business. I do not want to take my wife's furniture & her clothes with me.

Since wife has not joined me, can I now approach the police officer informing him that wife has not come back and therefore requesting his help in handing over her items to her and get back my items which are with her?

Please advise whether taking this step will affect me or not. If there is any thing which I should exercise caution at police station, please let me know.

Thanks

Nanda

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 April 2013

It is matter of time your overall conduct will allow her to prove ‘animus deserendi

Observation on your latest thread before me:
Last time same police asked you to bring your wife based on your own statement that you wish her to re-join you which you did not go in past 2 months to bring her back.

This time police will call your wife as a spouse is requesting and most probably she will also do the same like what you did last time, then what police is supposed to do is the question that you should be asking not how to return stridhan (furniture are hers and so were her old cloths, both are with you !)

With above observation I am not casting anything upon you but the flow of your threads prompted me to apply civil Law that is all as it is nobody’s case afterall at the end of the day. Further I have no advice to give to you on how to return furniture this time-really and let others share their views on your thread independent of my observation.

Gaurav (Agent)     12 April 2013

Bhai tempo mein saara smaan load karke ghar per deliver kardo packers nd movers k through reciept le lena saare smaan ki packers nd movers waloo se.... Delivery report bhi le lena baad mein pollice station mein bhi inform kar dena.... Jewellry apne pass rakho baad mein deliver karna kyunki costly item hai... Baaki ghar jayoo aram se.... In sab se pehke ph karke unko btaa do k tum jaa rahey ho ho sakta hai k khud hi apna smaan le ajey

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 April 2013

You do one thing, retun the wife's belongings to her.  You go personally to return them accompanied with the community elders, because they will the wittnesses.  Dont forget to get the signatures of your wife for having return of her belongings.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 April 2013

Just keep off your ego. and bring her to your home and live peacefully.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 April 2013

I agree with Mr Rama Chary Cell.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register