Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Celina (Manager)     10 April 2013

Women safety policies at corporates

Dear Lawyers,

I have a query regarding women Safety policy in Corporates. Now a days many corporates are taking additional measures for women safety where women are working late hours.I have 3 questions here in this regard.

Do the organisation have the authority to check with the female employees or ask the female employees to provide details how she is travelling or with whom she is travelling in case of late log outs where the employee is using the self transport.

Can the organisation enquire with the family members about the female employee (without the family's consent ) everytime the women worker travels with the family after the working hours at late night.

Can the organisation make the Late hour cab transport mandatory for women employees if the women employee do not want to avail it at times.

Please let me know if legally these can be enforced on any female employee

Learning

2 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     10 April 2013

after 8pm it is the legal that if a women is working she should be provided with drop service 

if she opts of drop service and goes with there family members after late hours in company does not have any legal liability 

1 Like

Celina (Manager)     25 April 2013

Thankyou for your reply. But Please also let me know if any organisation in the name of law can make the cab transport mandatory for women employees if the women employee do not want to avail it at times.My organisation is enforcing this and also taking some declaration which I am attaching here for your reference. They have made it mandatory and its a Policy now. I need your help in this as we believe this is mere policing rather than concern about safety.

Attached File : 92016282 image2.jpg downloaded: 75 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register