Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRADEEP SHARMA (Senior Executive)     02 April 2013

Complaint against a doctor

Dear Sir,

My son who is 6 years old was under the treatment of a doctor in Karnal. After treating and admitting my son in his in his hospital several times, the doctor said that he is unable to cure him. I took my son to PGIMER chandigarh where the doctors immediately admitted him through emergency. They diagnoised that the previous doctor was giving wrong treatment. They said that the doctor in Karnal was treating for Neurocysticercosis where as there were no such thing.

Since the treatment was wrongly diagnoised and correct medication was not done hence they operated the skull of my son and installed a shunt in his brain to discharge the liquid as the liquid was creating fits and pain in skull with continous vomitting. Actually, my son was suffering from TB of brain and the Karnal doctor was treating for Neurocysticercosis of brain. He gave such poisionous drugs like Albandazole for 28 days which was useless and had wrong effect and was not needed. He mistreated my son for around 2.5 months.

Now my son will be dependent of the brain shunt through out his life. We were not able to send him to school and he has lost two years study also.

The doctors at PGI say that had the boy been brought before or if TB medication be given by the Karnal doctor, my son would not have to get brain shunt installed. His studies for two would also had not been suffered.

Now, kindly guide me if I can file a suite against the Karnal doctor in consumer court for compensation and wrong treatment? And what is the procedure and what compensation can be given. I have spend around 3.5 to 4 lacs on his treatment.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

On the basis of the fact illustrated by you here, you can go both ways ie. Civil remedy and Penal remedy,depending upon you how to proceed.

Hire the services of a local advocate.There is no bar in demanding the amount as compensation.Only reasonable compensation will be granted by the court(totally depends how the court ascertain your actual damage)under civil remedy path if chosen.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

1 Like

jagjit singh arora (N.A)     02 April 2013

1. Get the registration nos. of enrolment with MCI or State Medical council of doctors who treated your son

.2.Obtain full treatment records with test reports  of the  treatment given to your son

3. Get treatment records from PGI with all test and diagnosis reports 

4. Get bills of expenses incurred by you.

First you manage the above and then get in touch with me for free advisory services .

Advocate   J.S.Arora - Chandigarh

Mob. 9815444210

arorajs22@yahoo.com

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 April 2013

as you said that PGIMER Chandigarh doctors have told you that the earlier Kamal doctor has wrongly treated your son if you have taken our son earlier they would have treated him well

The doctors at PGI say that had the boy been brought before or if TB medication be given by the Karnal doctor, my son would not have to get brain shunt installed. His studies for two would also had not been suffered.

thus have they given you any prscripttion that the earlier doctor had wrongly dignosed your doctor then you can file a case with that proof 

the prescripttion given by kamal doctor will have his registration number on that with that xexrox copy you have to report to Indian Meical Council about his treatment with the PGIMER Chandigarh prescripttion stating that wrong dignosis to your son then you can file a civil case for compensation 

quote more amount and the court will decide how much compensation to be paid because your son life was spoiled  with kamal doctor treatment 

because givening a copliant to Indian Medical Council first consult a local lawyer who will draft you a letter and also show him all the records and take a set of xexrox keep with you in safe

1 Like

PRADEEP SHARMA (Senior Executive)     03 April 2013

But will i have to take in writing from PGI Chd that Karnal doctor was not treating for the actual disease and has deterioated tha case??

Regards,

Pradeep

(Guest)

@Querist,

This would be of great help/evidence if the Chd. doctor gives such statement in writing.Try obtaining that by requesting him the helping you will be good in public interest.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 April 2013

yes you have to take from PGIMER chandigarh hospital and also take stamp of the hospital on that with counter signed which will give an evidence what actually went wrong

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2013

Better consult MCI as to what documents they would need.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register