LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tbzfrom pune (Proprietor)     30 March 2013

Issues related to marriage

Respected Sir/Ma'am, I am a 30+yrs independent muslim girl and willing to get married to a hindu boy. In my family i stay with my mother(retired central govt) and my neice. I take care of both of them. My mother is against this relationship. One of my brother who has never interfered in our life for more than 15 yrs now, is interfering our life now and a day back they both(mother and brother)went to the police station and launched a police complain against us that we are just fooling her around and not getting married and she is getting mentally bothered. i have taken efforts individually and mutually to explain her how imp her acceptance is...they also insisted we write and give them that since my mother is not ok with the relation and if we get married and if anything goes wrong with her health we are going to be responsible. (we have not signed anything like that). and she will keep no relation with me and it will be her decision to go where she wants to stay. Out of concern i kept insisting that i would want to continue taking care of her the way i have been doing all these years. but she refused...I am in a relationship for last 10+yrs now and my mother claims i am being used and not getting married. However since this is a inter religion marriage and we both wanted our parents to agree we kept trying to convince them. The boys parents have finally agreed and ever since then past 2yrs i have also been trying to convince my mother but she has started reacting in this fashion. My concern is - 1. if i go through the normal registration procedure - it takes 1month. and one of the advocate advised that if any objection arises in this span, getting married under any other law or circumstances will not be possible.. 2. My mother insists to know when would i get married so that she can move out of the house and look out for her life ahead.But i doubt after knowing when the marriage will happen they would try creating a problem. 3. My mother says if i do not disclose when i would be getting married she will file another case on me(which is undisclosed to me as well). Before the police complain they visited my office to talk to us and created a scene in front of my staff and clients. I need to know what precautionary steps do i need to take to avoid any further trouble. ? If anything happens to my mother why would we both be responsible for that. ? I have been insulted and was humiliating at my office premises and at the police station. Kindly advise. Your advise will be of great help!! Thanking You

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 March 2013

1. If your fiancée is major and you are major read with both of you wants to get married then jointly seek protection from Court and get married under SMA and register your marriage under the Act.
2. If her mother / brother are against the marriage then move ahead.
3. If your mother is against the marriage then move ahead.
4. If your fiancée is against the marriage then also move ahead.
If fiancée agrees then seek Civil injunction against her mother / brother not to disturb your peace at work.
A parent cannot file court case against their children (major) forcing them to marry fast or on certain deadline.
Colly. reasoning:
Two adults don’t marry with
ipso facto
conditions themselves applied or forced to apply from respective family. 

Observation:
Either you are the male queriest here or the female here but the way you brought to our attention your brief in English language it is difficult to fathom whic gender has written this brief as English syntax are wrong and gives different meaning if a male writes this and same way if a female writes this query thus above paras as reply is what can be said in mis-context!

1 Like

Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     30 March 2013

legally you can marry with that guy through registered marraige .. and no body can object because you both have attained the age of marraige and nobody can harm you legally for this act .. but socailly and mothers intrets are your personal problem and you have to deal on your own'..

thanks and regards

ratnesh(advocate)

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     30 March 2013

You can convert to hinduism and get married in a temple under HMA without any required notice.

www.mehnat.in

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register