LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can governor waive off imprisonment?

In dowry death case , Can Governer waive off imprisonment?

Decoit,terrorist etc are getting free after mercy application why can not a husband's family get relief from governor.

For Terroist politicians,states support who supports husband's family.

Learning

7 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 March 2013

:-) Mafia, Politicians and Actors has the powers which you don't possess.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     31 March 2013

Yes he can

www.mehnat.in

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     02 April 2013

Mr. Shonee Kapoor I appreciate your outright statement. As per my knowledge their are many rulings by the Honorable Supreme Court of India that every citizen may be equual in law on paper but that is false perception. In practical everybody is not equal before the law. I have read thousands of rulings from the Apex Court which states that the evidence received from a millionaire is much valuable than a evidence from a street urchin because the millionaire is highly respectable man. Hell with such concept of Apex Court.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     03 April 2013

If I have to reply technically, I will say yes.

But, practically what happens is that Governor relaxes imprisonment only after undergoing imprisonment of approx. 70% of total duration and that too if conduct in jail remains very good continuously providing a feeling that the person is changed and feels guilty of what he had done.

Please don't get confused due to Sanjay Dutt. He may be good actor and influensive and on advocate advise he might have shown to society that he feel guilty for what he has done and thereby got some supproters. But, you will see him too behind bars for now. Even if his application for waiver would be considered it will be dismissed at this stage and might be granted only after approx. 4 years of imprisonment.

Goutam Prasad

Advocate

Supreme Court of India

Mob: 9810753838

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     03 April 2013

Mr Gautam Prasad the respectable lawyer Supreme Court, the question is not of Sanjay Dutt a film star or Om Prakash Dhusia a unknown entity that is me in the Indian population but the question is of applicability of law or standard of law. I have never heard any Indian citizen charged with the double murder and facing trial is allowed to cross even his district shores but see the beauty two Italian Marines were allowed to celebrate Christmas at Italy, were allowed to participate in the General Elections and now a special court would be constituted to try them but on whose expences? But where is the Supreme Court when lakhs of poor, hapless, ignorant, innocents Indian had to face the trial for atleast minimum 10-15 years but no special court is constituted for them? We were implicated in section 364, 302, 201 IPC and faced trial for complete 12 years and awaiting appeal in the High Court  U.P. since the year 2011but no Supreme Court comes for rescue. Long live my India the greatest pseudo democarcy and its concept of equality before the law.

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     03 April 2013

Mr. Dhusia is very right. I salute his courage.

Sanjeev Nanda got away with 18 months in jail in a case in which he killed 8 people with his car. Even people who are merely accused but not found guilty end up spending more time than 18 months.

Sanjay Dutt has got away with 5 years in a case in which 259 people were killed. Can an ordinary citizen get away with such minor punishments?

www.mehnat.in

1 Like

(Guest)

I agree with the opinion expressed by Majority here. The apex court is under huge pressure from all powerful sects.

Just go throught the decision and see how helpless our Apex court is in the case of 'Subramaniam Swamy vs. Dr. Manmohan singh'[Attached].

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Attached File : 556242298 subramanianswamy vs manmohan-singh.pdf downloaded: 105 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register