Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Kumar (Business Analyst)     18 March 2013

What is the possibility of getting f.i.r registered?

Hi,

I have filed a case for registeration of F.I.R under section 156(3) cr.p.c before chief judicial magistrate against my wife and her family as the police did not lodge my complaint u/s 315, 120-B, 108 and 34 I.P.C. In this case the police have filed a positive report that this case is not registered at the concerning local police station. But, the opposite party has got to know of this 156(3) Cr.P.C. case. I'm getting apprehensive that my in-laws might try to scuttle that case. What is the probaility that F.I.R will be registered u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C as my case has all the merits?

Learning

2 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 March 2013

They are not party to the case as yet, nor they can become party to the case before they are summoned.

So remain peaceful on that front. However, they can file few cases against you, be careful on that.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

(Guest)

@Querist,

No FIR will be registered for technical reasons. You have already lodged a 'Complaint'. Now the 'Police report' will be submitted to the Magistrate for taking cognizance of the matter. The Magistrate may make an enquiry about the facts of the case before the trial begins.

As the Ld. Member Mr. Kapoor already told you to remain calm, just wait now as you have set the law in motion by that complaint.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register