LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukaish (Customer care Manager)     12 March 2013

Sp called my wife

i am 498a victim, i was arrested and got baill also, my wife email her complain of 498a,294,506 to CM,SP,DSP, collector. now sp is calling her for statment.

i want know

1. now i will be called by SP?

2. i may be again arrest ?

Learning

4 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     12 March 2013

They may harass you but I doubt whether they can arrest you again while you are on bail.

Stridhan

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     12 March 2013

Once arrested and bailed out, i dont see reason for another arrest unless there are other complaints of criminal nature is filed again.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     13 March 2013

Once you are out on bail in one crime, you can not be arrested again, unless the bail is cancelled by the competent court.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.facebook.com/shoneekapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498
Email: harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     14 March 2013

Agree with the above 

and also 

A partial protection against double jeopardy is a Fundamental Right guaranteed under Article 20 (2) of the Constitution of India. This states that ""No person shall be prosecuted and punished for the same offence more than once".[16] This provision enshrines the concept of autrefois convict, that no one convicted of an offence can be tried or punished a second time. However it does not extend toautrefois acquit, and so if a person is acquitted of a crime he can be retried. In India, protection against autrefois acquit is a statuatory right, not a fundamental right. Such protection is provided by provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure rather than by the Constitution.[17]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register