Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gyaan (Farmer)     10 March 2013

Friend not returning money

Dear Members,

I had paid six lakh rupees to my friend by Cheque around 8 months back. He is a builder. He was in dire need, almost begging me and promised to return money in 2 months. I felt pity of him. I trusted him and paid all the amount I had. Its over 8 months now. He hasnt paid single rupee and not even receiving my calls. Please let me know if I can file police complaint or take legal action against him.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 March 2013

Issue legalnotice to your friend instructing him to repay the amount, inspite of receiving he notice he kept quiet then you file a suit for recovery of money.

1 Like

Gyaan (Farmer)     10 March 2013

Thanks Mr. Rajeev. Generally how long it takes to get legal verdict in such case? I am more interested in recovering my money rather than creating any trouble to my friend.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 March 2013

As this is civil case, you cannot file police complaint.  As you have given the money by cheque, you are some what relieved and now you to convince the court that the given money is for hand loan only. You have to file a civil case in local court by paying court fee of rs. 8,426/- and other court expenses and Advocate fee.  Altogether approximately you have to spend around 15 thousand to 20 thousand.  A good lawyer can win the case and you will also get interest from the date of issuance of money till the date of payment apart from the above expenses. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register