Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MOHAN ILAYARAJA (lawyer)     08 March 2013

Financial & legal literacy for widow

Dear all Experts,
In our society men are struggling in the kitchen in the absence of wives on the other hand men are mostly handling the financial aspects of the family. Mostly the husband are not sharing the debts, credits, status of bank accounts, insurance details,nominee details, loan details etc. in these situations when husband is pushed to medical emergency or the death of the sole breadwinner then the family (women & children)are suddenly pushed to the street.

Now my query is dear experts please share the financial literacy & legal literacy which has to be maintained by the wives during the lifetime of her husband.
Experts can write on this topic as an article which will be more useful for widows.

U.MOHAN ILAYARAJA,

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 March 2013

The road map is not possible to re0invent without making all post Independent females 100% literate to achieve financial and legal literacy in case of their unfortunate widowhood status.

In my opinion there are currently enough Women Empowerment Laws which also covers widows, only 100% literacy will achieve its widespread enforcement
OR each Member of the Bar pan India pledges to take up for free empowering just one female widow in his area and then make her form her like-status group then the destination to a journey can be self achievable in under a decade time otherwise the road map would remain in some publication.

Ideally each Member of the Bar should nurture these females out of the professional fees he gets each financial year wherever his Chamber is;

1. Complete annual education expenses of one poor minor female child.
2. Complete marriage expenses of one poor adult female.
3. Free professional help in getting one poor widow her dues from society / law.

Forming or being part of an NGO is all wizardry which I see many ld. brothers found of which is though my personal opinion.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register