LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Urgent:please help

my dvact case is pending in mahila court......hearing is next month.........am living in my matrimonial home....... i have not filed any criminal case against my husband/in-laws........... today all of a sudden police came to my matrimonial home to speak to me.......they said my in-laws have filed a complaint stating that "i will slit the throat of my mother in-law....that i will poison the food so that my in-laws die.......that i threat my in-laws everyday.....and etc..etc........" but i have never done anything of this sort so i gave the statement "that my in-laws have filed a false complaint and that i have a right of living in my matrimonial home..." later police told me that they will dispose the complaint filed by my in-laws.........and they will prepare a reply and will give the copy to me.....but court mein yeh baat nahi pahaunchayenge...... sir i wanted to ask:

1. why such things are done by my in-laws??

2.can i tell the court that they are doing cruelty on me ? will such a complaint go against me?

3.is this a provocation done by them to throw me out of my matrimonial home??

4. what should i do now?? am really worried

Learning

10 Replies

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     06 March 2013

@ Shalini,

Nothing tow orry about these complaints and bang your head to much. Unless any complaints prooved in ambit of laws, they are just threatening measure.

1. why such things are done by my in-laws??  - Just threaten you

2.can i tell the court that they are doing cruelty on me ? will such a complaint go against me? - Yes, NO

3.is this a provocation done by them to throw me out of my matrimonial home?? yes possibly

4. what should i do now?? am really worried - stay calm

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 March 2013

Srimad Bhagavatam 7.5.19 interprets the facts in your recent brief;

{catustayam
—the four diplomatic principles as in Hinduism}

1. saama, the process of pacifying.

2. daana, the process of giving money in charity.

3. bheda, the principle of dividing.

4. danda, the principle of punishment.

Your In-Laws just gave you glimpse of way of life revisited to you and for the same Law does not have exact reply to your this brief and I feel hence there is no urgency thereof.

4 Like

Never Give Up (Fighter)     06 March 2013

@Author,

You filed cases according to law remedy available to you and your in-laws filed complaints according to law remedies available to them...Now why so much of worry ??

2 Like

stanley (Freedom)     06 March 2013

Tajobs crisp replies bring humor and liveliness into this foroum :-) 

@ author ....Newtons third law of Motion was put into action by the inlaws for every action ( Cases filed DV ,Maintanence pending in court ) this was the opposite and equal reaction from in laws side .When lawyer uncle told you to file DV you gladly accepted now what is lawyer uncles reaction for the inlaws  complaints and whats his advise to you .

Now under what sections of IPc has the FIR has been registered did you ever bother to ask the police . Tomorrow say something happens to in laws even by mistake are you aware as to what reaction it would lead to as you say complaint has already been filed .

2 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 March 2013

Zero tolerance means the police will make an arrest without exception after a family argument if they have probable cause to believe any bodily injury has occurred.

(Guest)

thanks to all the experts..........

@stanley: you are making me scared........... what shall i do now???? you are right..if something happens to my in-laws then it will go aginst me..........how do i secure myself????? its really scary......... but i believe police will do the investigation and things will get clear.............else in such complaints every daughter in-law is on the weaker side..........

(Guest)

@rama chary: how do i secure myself?? its risky i guess

(Guest)
Originally posted by : shalini

my dvact case is pending in mahila court......hearing is next month.........am living in my matrimonial home....... i have not filed any criminal case against my husband/in-laws........... today all of a sudden police came to my matrimonial home to speak to me.......they said my in-laws have filed a complaint stating that "i will slit the throat of my mother in-law....that i will poison the food so that my in-laws die.......that i threat my in-laws everyday.....and etc..etc........" but i have never done anything of this sort so i gave the statement "that my in-laws have filed a false complaint and that i have a right of living in my matrimonial home..." later police told me that they will dispose the complaint filed by my in-laws.........and they will prepare a reply and will give the copy to me.....but court mein yeh baat nahi pahaunchayenge...... sir i wanted to ask:

1. why such things are done by my in-laws??

2.can i tell the court that they are doing cruelty on me ? will such a complaint go against me?

3.is this a provocation done by them to throw me out of my matrimonial home??

4. what should i do now?? am really worried

DV case comes under C.Mis ie   Criminal Miscellaneous petition, its a criminal case!

1 Like

(Guest)

@ shalini

why are you getting scared? if you have not done anything then please dont get scared.

Why dont you ask any of your common relatives to come and stay in the house with your in laws. Take all neccesary precautions and one thing is for sure....you cannot live your life like this ..... always keeping urself or ur in laws under the threat of police and cases.

Please deceide what is good for all of you and act in good spirit. What you give comes back to you..u filed DVC they also filed..now  you might have understood what they have gone through? I dont want to hurt you by saying this... but if you can handle then be brave and handle it and try to mend the differences.

Your in laws might be equally scared...becoz if something happens to you in their house...they will also be behind bars. So chill.

1 Like

Reformist !!! (Other)     20 March 2013

Yes Charu is right..... Both parties are afraid of each other, so better part ur ways. Ask ur husband to live seperately from this house and do not involve his parents in ur mia biwi ladai....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register