Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Alimony calculation

Hi 

I want to know how the alimony is calculated. I have a home in my name. Will it be taken by my wife?

She was living with me for just 3 weeks and not consumated yet. 

Learning

13 Replies

(Guest)

Bro,

Move the assets to your mothers name yaar...consult a lawyer and  get some 100rs stamp papers, move it.

make sure that your wife doesnt know any of your bank info, lockers, PAN info, Passport etc...

1 Like

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     18 February 2013

hello,

transfer your property to some other person of your family.

what are facts of the case ?

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

(Guest)

@Querist,

Reply In context of the cited matter only

Don't worry, your wife cannot take your property away from you. Your are liable only to give maintenance to your wife or one time settlement(Alimony).

You must return 'Streedhan Items' back to your wife.

Hope that helps

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

stanley (Freedom)     18 February 2013

Originally posted by : Raj

Hi 

I want to know how the alimony is calculated. I have a home in my name. Will it be taken by my wife?

She was living with me for just 3 weeks and not consumated yet. 

What type of a case has been filed by her ??

Is she a working women ??

Do you have children from this marriage ??

only after the above details can an answer be given !!

(Guest)

Will the judge consider the age of the marriage and number of months she co-habitted with husband during alimony calculation?

Never Give Up (Fighter)     18 February 2013

After marriage wife becomes husband's lifetime liability irrespective of how many days both have stayed together.

1 Like

(Guest)

@Stanley

What type of a case has been filed by her ?? 498a and DV

Is she a working women ?? No but can work as she is engineer

Do you have children from this marriage ?? Nil Just few days of life with her 

only after the above details can an answer be given !!

stanley (Freedom)     18 February 2013

@ author 

what are the reliefs asked for in DV act under what sections  if it is 18 ,19 ,20 

In DV she can claim right to residency section 19 of the DV act

ask for maintanence under section 20 

section 18 for a protection order provided she can prove violence . We all know most of the cases are false .

Dont worry be happy these cases take years to settle down and it has to be proved i mean her allegations she cant take away your house . But better to transfer the house in any of your familys name . start staying in a rented place and fullfil her wish by letting her stay in a rented place when the right to residence is passed . Since if you stay in your own house which is registered in your name she can park her bottom and you cant do anything about it :-)

1 Like

satya prakash (Clerk)     05 March 2013

if wife files 125 with DV & if she already cleaned up Streedhan while going again she will trouble for Streedhan? but isnt it wrong?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : satya prakash

if wife files 125 with DV & if she already cleaned up Streedhan while going again she will trouble for Streedhan? but isnt it wrong?

Have to quote Selvar Mani from the movie Sarkar of RGV:

Sarkar khud bolta Right Wrong kuch nahi hota, jiska paas power he, uska wrong bhi right banjaata....................Here power is biased gender based laws of our country, which women continue to misuse on a day to day basis.

(Guest)
Well... i am sorry to interrupt but...why most of the men feel that laws are gender baised? most of the divorce cases are filed by husband with false allegations.But courts also entertain such cases right ?

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     06 March 2013

@Charu

Assuming that husbands file divorce cases with false allegations.

Even then, one has to see the level of allegations by husband versus the  level of allegations by wife. Husband files civil case, for which, wife does not have to go to police station or spend days in police custody. Wife levels false allegations and then husband and his relatives have to spend days in police stations, jail and arrange for bail etc.

Further,  in criminal trial, husband and his relatives have to attend the court on each and every date without fail. There is a very big difference between filing a divorce case by husband and filing a 498A case by wife.

satya prakash (Clerk)     09 March 2013

@ Charu

u vl not understand it untill ur own Bro or ur own son dont get hang because of these nonsense laws

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register