Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Usha (Consultant)     31 January 2013

Deceased sbi ppf account claim

Hi,

My father who expired in apr2012, we have obtained Legall Heir Certificate from dustrict Court.My Father maintained savings and PPF account in SBI.

the bank official informed us that single claim form can be submitted for both Savings and PPF account. we provided claim form and all neccessary doucuments.

The claim has not been procccessed, also now after 3 mnths of submitting the claim, now when i called the BM, he informed me that for PPF account claim succession certificate is a must since it is acentral govt entity and Legal heir certificate will not suffice and his official won not wellinformed about this and hence did not informed us at the every momement of submitting the claim

Please suggest after obtaining the Legal heir certificate will the court grant usSuccession certificate. Also suggest if the BM is correct and can we take any action against the ban k official for providing us incorrect information.

Thanks, Usha

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 February 2013

who is nominee in these accounts

1 Like

Usha (Consultant)     04 February 2013

Since There is no nomination the any of the account. we had to go through these procedure

Thanks,

Usha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register