Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs. Arora (PA)     31 January 2013

Inheritance of property

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a widow, living with my in-laws.  I have two kids (son & daughter).  We are living in a house which is owned by my father-in-law.   Now my mother-in-law wants this house in her joint name with my father-in-law as he is paralytic and remains not so well.

Now I want to know me & my kids right on this property.  If my mother-in-law own this on her joint name with my father in law.. Is it effect me or my kids later on.. My husband was the only son and my sister-in-laws are married and well settled.

And also wanna know about one more situation. If i remarry what will be my and my kids right on this property.

Hope to receive informative reply.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     31 January 2013

@Mrs.Arora,

1. How did your father - in law obtain this property..?

2. If it is his self acquired property, he is free to give half of his property to his wife.

3. Now , if he passes away, and does not leave a WILL ,the property will devolve on all the legal heirs who survive him.Else, the property will go to the person /persons names in the WILL

4.Even upon, your mother -in law's demise, the above condition holds good.

5. If the property is ancestral, then your children have a right in the property. 

6. If you remarry, your rights vested in the present family will remain and they do not change.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register