LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     30 January 2013

Validity of police statement in 498a

When a crazy wife files a 498a case against her husband and in laws, and the police go and arrest them, and in the police station, out of fear of torture/harassment , the husband and his relatives admit that they took money at the time of marriage, and if the police/crazy wife record that statement, what value will it have in the court? Is it actual proof of taking dowry?

Learning

8 Replies

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     30 January 2013

It carries no value. You will have to state in court that you were forced to make admission. You  don't need to worry about it.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 January 2013

Statement before the police is no value, it can be defended.

1 Like

v.jayachandran (advocate)     30 January 2013

see though you will say that the statement given by you in police station is being got by threaten, the case filed by your wife 498A is domestic voilence and it is a criminal case filed by your crazy wife, my advice is try to convince your wife and withdraw the complaint and be peaceful.

1 Like

Never Give Up (Fighter)     31 January 2013

Whatever you say before judge carries the value. Statement before police does not carry any weightage.

1 Like

MrDinoMorea (O)     31 January 2013

Thank you all for your replies.

@vjayachandran I have tried everything with her even before I filed for a divorce. It's of no use. I filed for divorce because she is a psychopath and can commit suicide or even kill somebody. Thank God she is out of my life now.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     31 January 2013

The same can be thrown in the dustbin. However, if some recovery is effected under your arrest, then it is a diffirent matter.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
3 Like

MrDinoMorea (O)     31 January 2013

@Shonee kapoor Lol :)

Recovery?My damn wife falsely claimed that I have got her jewellery and electronic items, while actuallly I had none, and the police forced me to bring MY OWN electronic items from my house and confiscated it.The police are ALL BRIBED, and so they threatened us to bring this and that claimed by my crazy wife to be hers, and confiscated them. WHat to do now? I DO have proof that those items are mine, but with regard to what you said about "different matter"....well what do I do sir?

MrDinoMorea (O)     13 May 2013

@shonee I got the idea ..thanks 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register