LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar jadhav (employee)     30 January 2013

Where diuvorce can be filed?

My marriage and 1 month stay with wife done in mumbai,later we seperated and I moved to banglore

can I file divorce in banglore only ,its sure wife will ask for trasnfer peititon but it will be hole in her pocket too since she is not co-operating

Learning

8 Replies

rajoo (exec)     30 January 2013

divorce can filed where the couple last resided together, or the place of girl where she is now staying.....

can I file to banglore and later she will file transfer peititon

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     30 January 2013

Divorce can be filed at three places primarily : place of wedding, place where you last resided, place where hte lady resides. There is no question of transfer - since Bangalore on the facts does not have jurisdiction per se, so it won't be entertained. Transfer may or may not burn a hole in her pocket. Supreme Court Legal Services Committee provides legal aid for ladies, she may avail of that. 

Bharat Chugh - Advocate Supreme Court of India

Blog : www.advocatebharatchugh.wordpress.com, www.bharatchugh.wordpress.com

Stay Connected on Facebook ! www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

I last recided in banglore,but both stayed in pune

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 January 2013

Then Bangalore will not have jurisdiction.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2013

If you are planning to get a divorce, mutual divorce should always be preferred to a contested divorce. Obtaining divorce through mutual consent is quite advantageous as it saves both time and money. The provision for dissolving marriage through mutual divorce in India is included in Section 13 B of the Hindu Marriage Act by the Marriage Laws (Amendment) Act, 1976. Any marriage solemnized before and after the Marriage Laws (Amendment) Act, 1976 is entitled to this provision.

1 Like

sagar jadhav (employee)     25 April 2013

She is not ready to do mutual

(Guest)
Originally posted by : sagar jadhav

She is not ready to do mutual

Then try luring her with money.  She will definitely agree for MCD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register